What's new

Polk R50's and CSI3? (1 Viewer)

Quinn

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have any experience with these fronts and center? I was at Circuity City and they were on sale for $199 each. They sounded pretty good with the sub and surrounds off but was wondering what others think about the quality and price?

Thanks,
Quinn

Lev-S

Second Unit
I had the R50s w/ a CSi30 and was quite pleased. I recently upgraded from R50s to RTi6s and the I thought that the improvement was quite drastic. (The R50s use a crummy tweeter).

Quinn

Stunt Coordinator
The RTi6 is a bookshelf, correct? How does it differ soundwise from the R50 as a floorstanding speaker?

Lev-S

Second Unit
much clearer, more transparent sound. bass wise i noticed no difference because I was running a sub along with them, but from running the frotns large (with the sub off) it was impressive.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
If you have a Fry's near you, they regularly have the R50 for $99 each. That's a really good deal, even with a "crummy" tweeter :) ! (and the R30 for $69). Gene

Quinn

Stunt Coordinator
I am in Portland, OR and called Fry's. They are the same price as CC ($199).

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I have a good friend in McMinnvill who bought a pair from Fry's in July for $99 apiece. And I have seen the same price several times since. And remember, $199 is Fry's regular price not their sale price. $199 is a fair price. $99 is a steal! Good luck with your decision. Gene

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks