Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Questions about new 46F500

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Todd Stout

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted March 30 2004 - 06:16 AM

I bought a new Hitachi 46F500 last friday at the local Sears (they price matched an online retailer and I got it for less than $1349). After adjusting the contrast, brightness, and color I really love the picture of this set. I do have two questions about it now however.

The first question is, how do I remove the glare screen (or screen protector, or whatever it's called) on this set? It is REALLY annoying seeing all of the reflections on the screen (I don't particulary want to watch myself watching movies). It looks like I can remove several screws from the back of the set that hold the silver trim around the screen in place but I'm not sure if that's what I need to do or not.

The second question deals with screen height. I brought the set home without the matching stand and it seemed too low for the few days it was on the floor. The stand arrived yesterday and after putting it together and placing the TV on top of it, the screen now seems too high (the stand is only about 12" high). How high should the screen be from the floor? Using what I know about computer monitors, I am assuming a TV screen should be just at or below eye level at the vieing position. It now apprears as though my screen is just above eye level. Do I have any other options as far as stands go? I do have to find a place either above or below this set to place an Adire 281 sealed center which is quite large.

Thank you.