What's new

Star Wars Trilogy - Share The Love (1 Viewer)

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
If Anyone wants a 10% off Amazon.com pre-order for the Star Wars Trilogy Widescreen edition DVD set, please let me know by response Midnight tonight Tuesday 3/30/04 in this thread.

I'll email each of you a STL "Share The Love" order link early tomorrow.

dannyB

Stunt Coordinator
Paul, are you using a STL discount? If not, I can include you before I pre-order as well. :

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
dannyB,

Yeah I was sent a STL for this pre-order by my brother earlier today.

I didn't yet order a copy. I figured if anyone here wants 10% off the price (currently at $37.00 shipped on Amazon!) then I can share the offer here in the Bargain forum tomorrow.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I would love to receive a STL coupon for this! :)

Could you post a link? I just checked Amazon and the price is $41.99.

Thanks!

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
I will wait this one out. Realizing how long this has been on the most wanted top ten, the in-store specials and giveaways should be insane on this set.

I expect there will be more than a few loss leaders throwing in free dvds and exclusive figures. :)

I can not wait :) :) :)

dannyB

Stunt Coordinator
Rob: $41.99 - 10% ($4.19) = $37.80 :) Post your e-mail addy and I'll include you when I pre-order.

John: I'm thinking the same as you. I can always cancel my amazon order all the up to shipping day. That's if a local store has it cheaper. If not, I still win.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
By the way, assuming that the Star Wars price breaks are going to be the same as the Indiana Jones ones, you might want to go back to the 10/21 Weekly Roundup and see that people were getting the Indiana Jones set for $35 at a variety of places. I just spotted my post which indicates I bought it for $34.29 at my local WalMart. With Maryland State tax that came to about $36.

That just gives a $1.79 savings over the current Amazon STL price (41.99 - 4.2 = 37.79) unless Amazon decides to charge you sales tax.

So, I guess you can either get a guanteed great price from Amazon right now, or bet you'll get a slightly better one the week it comes it.

Neil

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
Unless Best Buy offers a 5th Bonus disc (outside the package) $37 is a nice deal for three films I've been anticipating for a long long time ago...

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I'm holding off, there's going to be insane release day prices at B&Ms, so I'm not commiting to a pre-order just yet.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
It's early. I don't understand pre-ordering on something that isn't going to be hard to find Sept 21st. They will be sold in Grocery stores and Toys R Us. They might be in vending machines at the airport. Star Wars DVD will be huge, and I bet Lucasfilm and Fox will try to make this the best selling DVD set ever, That will mean great deals for us.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
The average price for Indy, was 40 dollars, and if we take tax into consideration, I'm thinking a guaranteed price is fine by me. If Best Buy decides to sell it for 35 with a bonus disc, I can cancel the pre-order. You're not comitting to anything.

Sten F

Second Unit

Me neither. I´ll bet there will be better prices to come than Amazon.com is offering. The further we get to the street date the more stores - brick or click - will fight to offer the best deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks