What's new

Will and Grace, Season Two (a problem) (1 Viewer)

DeeF

Screenwriter
There is a big mistake with the last two discs. The liner notes list the episodes in order with air dates, but the first episode listed on the last disc is actually the last episode on the third disc, and then the episodes on the fourth disc are totally out of order, starting with the last two first, and the following episodes are all askew. I wonder if they'll actually do some kind of
recall and reissue the discs in the correct order??

Chuck L

Screenwriter
While I understand the issue, I seriously doubt that for something so little that a recall would be issued. As long as the material is there, I am sure that is their only concern.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I was just going to post about this out of order problem. It's really kind of annoying......the liner notes are wrong about what is included on all the discs because there is one more episode on the first disc than is listed in the liner notes. Plus ALL discs have themed featurettes but the package says only disc two does.

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
At least the discs themselves are fine (in terms of transfers). The liner notes messing up the episodes per disc is a ridiculous mistake -- how could no one have caught that during proofreading? Also, the menu on Disc 4 has the final 6 episodes of the season out of order (Ben Her? Part 1 & 2 is the season finale, but is listed on top!).

These are minor quibbles, but it's really amazing that these goofs weren't caught before thousands of sets were made.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Ill have to check my discs when I pick it up tomorrow w/ Chainsaw.

Interesting that this error wasnt noticed when the discs were pressed or proofed.

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator

Getting the episode order wrong on the discs themselves is pretty sad. My guess would be that everyone in the approvals process was assuming that someone else had checked that already. Or they did something dopey like go by production # instead of airdate.

CraigL

Screenwriter
How about this one...

There were supposed to be bloopers and commentaries on this set and guess what? none of them are included. They really dropped the ball with this set. The only extras are the themed featurettes.

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
Yet another oddity I noticed...
In the episode "Tea and a Total Lack of Sympathy" Grace and Jack go on a show called Antiques on the Road. This was obviously poking fun at Antiques Roadshow. However, take a look at the episode listing on the package and you'll see the description says they go to Antiques Roadshow, not Antiques on the Road as it is called throughout the show. :)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I was watching this set the other night whilst succumbing to a gastric bug. I thought it was the illness making me misread things.

I thought that too! I'm not too bothered as I primarily bought the set for the price (we're two series ahead of you guys in R2 but the discs are far more expensive with fewer episodes per disc).

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Just in case you want to know I read this on the Will & Grace page at TV Tome:

April 13, 2004

No Recall For DVD

Some info today on the Season 2 DVD set. Despite the fact that the DVD is missing many features that were promised in ads, and even with the 4th disk being out of order, there will not be a recall to fix up the DVD, or release a better set for trade-in. It's sad to say that what you see is what you get, but Lions Gate has assured fans that they will do their best to "reimburse diehard fans" on Season 3. At best, at least we know now they have plans to release Season 3.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This is exactly why I cringed mightily when I heard Lion's Gate was handling these sets. NBC may as well have farmed it out to GoodTimes. :rolleyes

I think I'll put S2 on hold for now and see if anything else gets mucked up with the S3 release.

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
Is Lion's Gate responsible for the Friends sets as well? There were similar problems on the first pressing of S6 I believe. Not with the extras but the episodes listings (Isn't there some sort of lawsuit right now between the producers and NBC? Could this have affected the addition of extras?). Either way, not something I'm gonna complain about.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Regardless...this release is pathetic.

And I'm sick of getting cut episodes.

At least the super-sized episodes for S4 are intact. But the 1 hour episodes are all cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks