What's new

Whatever happened to the rumored Clone Wars DVD? (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
When Cartoon Network's Clone Wars series was just beginning, it was rumored that there would be a DVD release very soon. Season two just began & CN reran the first 10 episodes, but I haven't seen anything lately regarding a DVD release. Is it still on the way? When?

Season one would only be 50 minutes, but its a darn good 50 minutes. ;)

-Dave

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I'm thinking it will all get released this fall to cash in on the original trilogy and to promote ep III.
Also I think both seasons (20 eps) total around 60 minutes.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
I have a feeling we'll get a DVD (w/ all 20 shorts) sometime this summer. Then again, with the Original Trilogy Box Set coming in September, the disc could be timed to that OR it could be released in early 2005 to tie into Episode III in May.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
The rumor I heard was that we'd get the whole series in the fall.

Each episode is eventually relased on Hyperspace for downlaod with commentary, so it's quite evident that a DVD release is going to happen, they just have to wait and wring all the money they can out of Hyperspace members.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
This may be a bit premature and it's complete, 100% speculation, but has anyone considered that this may be a Best Buy exclusive with the trilogy box set? Best Buy had the exclusive "R2-D2: Beneath the Dome" disc when "Episode II" came out and the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" featurette disc when the "Indiana Jones" trilogy came out. I think it's likely that Best Buy will get some sort of a trilogy exclusive, and I think the "Clone Wars" disc is probably a good possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks