What's new

Truck Speakers (1 Viewer)

Ron Sc

Agent
I'm trying to find some good 6X9s for my truck. I 4 wheel it and we use it to play music while siting around the campfire. I was running some JBL 6X9's that worked good for quite sometime. Till last weekends camping trip to the rubicon. Big batta boom.

I'm running 2 10" subs ported through the bed with 200W to Each and I'll be running 100W each to the 6X9's

I would appreciate any input as to what 6X9's would be best.
Thanks
RON

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
He's using a Panasonic CD deck for the head unit, and I think he's using a 150 watt Alpine amp for those two 6x9's.

Tyler Cookson

Stunt Coordinator
Whats your price range? the kenwoods dont really provide that good of sound quality. look into focals, mb quarts, or possibly some infinities.

Ron Sc

Agent

Price is not an issue. Just want to be able to have good clean sound at 20'-30' away. the boxes behind the seat are removable so we put them on top of the cab sometimes if we get a big dancing party going. Most of the music is rock tho.

Tyler Cookson

Stunt Coordinator
if you just want it to sound good and get loud from 20-30' away, you should make a box to fit like 6 or 8 moderatly priced 6x9's. thatd be pretty damn sweet :D :D :D

Ron Sc

Agent
Problem is space.Might be able to fit 4 6x9s somehow in the cab. But puting them in the back is out of the question. I've been known to roll a fiew times a year. Wouldn't want to yard sale a bunch of speakers. Bad enough when ice chests go everywhere.

Thats a good call tho. maybe I could look for room for more than 2 6x9s. I don't have my doors on unless its wet and snowy so I can't do them in the doors:thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks