Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
DVD Reviews

HTF REVIEW: Panic Room - Special Edition

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 of 49 OFFLINE   Michael Osadciw

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter

• 1,329 posts

Posted March 25 2004 - 09:09 AM

Michael Osadciw

THX/ISF Professional Video Calibrator

Video Contributor

CANADA HiFi Magazine

#2 of 49 OFFLINE   Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter

Producer

• 4,528 posts

Posted March 25 2004 - 09:34 AM

Why is this not "HIGHLY RECOMMENDED?" Posted Image

I'll definately be picking this up. Unlike a bunch of people around here, I thoroughly enjoyed this film! Posted Image

#3 of 49 OFFLINE   Michael Osadciw

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter

• 1,329 posts

Posted March 25 2004 - 09:40 AM

Rob

It's ABSOLUTELY RECOMMENDED as said in the last sentence! I'm not a fan of putting the degree of my recommendation on the title of the post. Thats just me Posted Image

Enjoy it when it comes out!

Mike

Michael Osadciw

Video Contributor

CANADA HiFi Magazine

#4 of 49 OFFLINE   David Galindo

David Galindo

Screenwriter

• 1,264 posts

Posted March 25 2004 - 10:51 AM

I never really believed, or really ever hoped, for a Panic Room SE. But its great that we got one! Im definitely picking this one up. BTW, awesome review. How does it look in terms of packaging? Is there an insert? Is the cover really as bland as it looks?

#5 of 49 OFFLINE   dannyB

dannyB

Stunt Coordinator

• 126 posts

Posted March 25 2004 - 11:01 AM

Yeah, Michael - can you give us some incite on how this DVD is packaged? Thanks for the great review. I'm researching prices, and will be placing my (pre) order very soon.

#6 of 49 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,756 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted March 25 2004 - 12:05 PM

Nice review Michael. I liked the film and as an extras junkie this is a must buy.Posted Image

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

My DVD and Blu-ray Blog

#7 of 49 OFFLINE   Michael Osadciw

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter

• 1,329 posts

Posted March 25 2004 - 12:26 PM

Hi Guys! Wow! I got so caught up in the content of the disc I forgot to mention the packaging because it is different in this case. David, the cover is as 'bland' as it looks, but heck it never bothered me. At least it doesn't say "Chambre De Panique" under the title! The three discs are in a fold out spread and are tucked into the outer cardboard box like most TV series box sets are set up. All three discs are in the center of the three-fold design - each disc is on a plastic "page" that is flipped from the center. Pictures of the characters are located on the other foldout pages. I hope you can visualise what I'm talking about. I wish I could insert a photo or something. Mike

Michael Osadciw

Video Contributor

CANADA HiFi Magazine

#8 of 49 OFFLINE   Jake Johnson

Jake Johnson

Second Unit

• 367 posts

Posted March 25 2004 - 12:27 PM

I'm there.
Jake J.
Chief?
McCloud!
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
My Sweet Cuppin' Cake of a DVD Collectionwww.thedigitalbits.com

#9 of 49 OFFLINE   David Galindo

David Galindo

Screenwriter

• 1,264 posts

Posted March 25 2004 - 12:48 PM

Yeah, sounds like standard packaging. Glad to see an insert was in there! Thanks!

#10 of 49 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,692 posts

Posted March 25 2004 - 01:06 PM

I will definitely double dip for this release. I enjoyed this film a lot and look forward to watching the special features. Good review Michael.Posted Image
Recently watched- The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 4, The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 3, The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 2, Burn Notice: Season 2, Burn Notice: Season 1, The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 1, The Equalizer: Season 4, The Solid Gold Kidnapping, Wine,Women and War, The Six Million Dollar Man, Star Trek: Season 2, Zardoz, Royal Flash, Man Of Tai Chi, Inkheart

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 3, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 2, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 1, Game Of Thrones: Season 2, Heroes: Season 2, The Pacific, Burn Notice: Season 3, Battlestar Galactica: The Definitive Collection, The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 5

"I am Arthur Frayn, and I am Zardoz."

#11 of 49 OFFLINE   Dave H

Dave H

Producer

• 5,337 posts

Posted March 25 2004 - 01:13 PM

Good review. My main concern was with the transfer and whether it had been improved. Your review is the second I have read that gives a slight edge to the Superbit. Since I am not one for extras, my Superbit will do me fine.

#12 of 49 OFFLINE   Robert_eb

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

• 967 posts

Posted March 26 2004 - 03:44 AM

Same here. Lets not forget about the dts track on the superbit as well.

#13 of 49 OFFLINE   Ovidi D

Ovidi D

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted March 27 2004 - 11:12 PM

Hi there, First of all I would like to say hello to everybody, I'm a new member of the forum and I'm really happy about it. Second, well I'm from Spain,so excuse if sometimes my english is not perfect or full of mistakes, I'll try to improve it for the future. Ok, here is a question about Panic Room's SE, I would like to know if all the extras and commentaries have spanish subtitles or just some of them.I have the suspicion that may be all of them are subtitled, just like Black Hawk Down SE. That's all by now, Thank you Ovidi D.

#14 of 49 OFFLINE   Jordan_E

Jordan_E

Screenwriter

• 2,233 posts

Posted March 28 2004 - 02:40 AM

Having watched this movie so many times on DVD and in HD, this package, although sounding great, comes a little too late. I have too many other movie to pick up now. Why did they wait so long?
And you believe, at heart, everyone's a killer...

#15 of 49 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,438 posts

Posted March 28 2004 - 03:00 AM

I didn't check out ALL the extras' subtitles, but as far as I can tell, they should have Spanish subtitles...
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#16 of 49 OFFLINE   ChrisKe

ChrisKe

Stunt Coordinator

• 106 posts

Posted March 28 2004 - 10:29 AM

Just received my copy this morning from a US etailer. Mine did not have any printing of the chapter stops on the flaps around the 3 plastic DVD holders - just pictures of the characters from the movies.

#17 of 49 OFFLINE   Ovidi D

Ovidi D

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted March 28 2004 - 05:55 PM

Ok, thanks.The point is that I could wait for the spanish release of the dvd but I want too much this movie... Posted Image
Ovidi D.

#18 of 49 OFFLINE   CraigL

CraigL

Screenwriter

• 1,863 posts

Posted March 28 2004 - 11:36 PM

I'm still waiting for another region to get a DTS version. Posted Image

#19 of 49 OFFLINE   Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer

Producer

• 4,269 posts

Posted March 29 2004 - 02:05 AM

I didn't see any mention; are there "PLAY ALL" buttons for the bajillions of featurettes?

#20 of 49 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted March 29 2004 - 03:56 AM

I have yet to purchase this title. Looking very forward to finally owning it tomorrow. Thanks for the great review Michael. Posted Image

Peace Out~Posted Image
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DVD Reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users