Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Shatner and Nimoy will do commentary for SE reissues of Trek films!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 of 26 Lane F.

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator

• 188 posts

Posted November 08 2001 - 07:14 AM

Anyone know how long until we should expect to see the other Star Trek SE dvd's? I know Star Trek II is due out mid 2002, but how soon should we expect III-IX?

I'm debating if I want to open the boxset I just purchased which contains all 9 dvd's, or wait for the reissues....
When I play with my cat, how do I know that she is not passing time with me rather than I with her?

#22 of 26 Dave H

Dave H

Producer

• 5,229 posts

Posted November 08 2001 - 07:19 AM

I would hope they don't wait seven or so months between each release. It would be nice, once they get going, to release one more like every few months or so.

#23 of 26 bill lopez

bill lopez

Second Unit

• 420 posts

Posted November 08 2001 - 10:07 AM

If Ricardo Maltuban would also do comments on ST2 it would be worth $50 dvd.

#24 of 26 Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,810 posts

Posted November 10 2001 - 11:45 AM

I would return the box set. I'm sure the Special Editions are on the way for the rest of the series. When is the big question. : )

#25 of 26 Mike Mallory

Mike Mallory

Agent

• 44 posts

Posted November 10 2001 - 12:38 PM

Tim,

Before I would retire that box set, remember: there are many more formats to come. Next up is HD, which is going to trounce DVD, but still come up short of film resolution.

The only real reason to buy a movie again is for the "special features", which are viewed once, then relegated to the sh** pile. This is exactly what the studios are hoping for. Sure, there are a few big name movies where they actually restore the film, but you could probably count them on one hand.

Todays movies on DVD are nothing compared to the quality of the '97 & '98 releases, when the studios actually cared about the prints themselves, not the special features.

- Mike

#26 of 26 Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,810 posts

Posted November 10 2001 - 01:40 PM

I have quite a few films (mostly the awesome 007 films) in which I've watched the extras many times. I disagree that extra material and bonus features are watched once on the way to the excrement pile. IMHO, of course.