What's new

Star Trek Prequel Movie Trilogy rumor at AICN (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
This is from AICN so take it as you will, but they posted a really weird Star Trek movie rumor yesterday. You need to scroll down towards the bottom of the article:

EDIT: Sorry, meant to post this in the Movies section, can this be moved by an admin?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Any movie based entirely on a intergalactic science project and fuel conversion sounds like a winner to me..

ICE PIRATES!

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

Sounds oddly similar to Episode III, in which Vader will join the fray in the last few minutes.

I'm chalking this up to "fanboy wishlist" and nothing more.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I don't know about that. Other than the absence of B & B, I can't see any Trek "fanboy" (or even casual fan) wishing for this treatment.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
It's a FAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

Obviously.

There is no way Paramount is going to develop a trilogy. If and when they get around to making another Star Trek film, they will make one film only and if that does well, then perhaps they will make more.

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
Rob, what are you, the new Romulan ambassador?

Love the DS9 reference. THERE'S your movie franchise! Probably cost half what the TNG cast would need.

Besides, we followers of the Emissary need closure!

BOMM,

CS

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Craig,

I haven't read any Star Trek fiction since high school, but I understand that the DS9 "Relaunch" novels are some of the best recent Star Trek stories presented in any medium. (i.e. superior to the stinky TV shows and movies of the last few years.) I've heard that the books follow up on a lot of unresolved threads from the TV show such as Bajor's admission into the Federation and the fate of Ben Sisko.

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
:laugh:

Start movie:

Scientist 1: Hey, I invented nuclear fusion.

Scientist 2: Hey, great.

Scientist 1: Let's use it.

Scientist 2: Okay.

End movie.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"I hear the first film’s about a civil war"

Phantom Menace was about a war and rebellion from older authorities.

"the second film’s devoted largely to the galactic switch-over from a fission standard to fusion"

Attack of the Clones was about the switch-over from Republic to Empire.

"and then there’s a third film where we’ll finally see an Ensign Kirk show up for all of about the last 20 minutes."

In Episode III, Darth Vader...ah, never mind. :)

Pete-D

Screenwriter
This is a bad idea IMO.

I still think TNG should get a proper send off (and try not releasing the darn film five days before The Hobbit or something, Paramount).

I mean imagine if Paramount decide to end the original crew's adventures at Star Trek V because that was a dissapointment.

Bring back Nicolas Meyer and have him do a TNG film.

DanHaya

Second Unit

You know, putting aside how bad ST5 is, how stupid was Paramount for opening it against Batman and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? I mean, they were just asking for an ass-whippin'!

BrianMagog

Stunt Coordinator
As a kid I had a book on the history of the federation, with diagrams of the Star Trek galaxy and various spaceships at different points in time. It was written as a timeline from the early 1980's (space shuttle) through past TOS. There was some great stuff in there.

The Civil War could refer to the war started by Kahn and his followers, which could make for a great movie (with the ending being the ship that the Enterprise encountered being blast off).

I don't remember a lot about fission vs. fusion, but my guess would be fusion rapidly expanded the number of available planets.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Cancel Enterprise and let Trek take a break. Then in 2006 do a major event. Pretty obvious why.

Neil

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Berman and Braga are to Star Trek what Eisner is to Disney. I'd rather watch a Trek movie made by the snotty kid with the mullet from "Trekkies".

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

I don't know about that- ST5 opened two weeks after Crusade and two weeks before Batman. In the summer marketplace that's a huge amount of breathing room.

ST5 has only itself to blame. I remember a huge amount of interest in the film coming off of Star Trek 4. ST5 actually posted a slightly bigger opening weekend than ST4 did too. It was only once word of mouth started getting around that people's expectations dimmed.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I remember the posters for ST 5 showing a seat with a seatbelt on it to infer you were in for a good ride but it was actually to keep you from walking out.

I wont see any prequel movies unless they honor the timelines set up from the series and movies (Not Enterprise which makes things up as it goes.)

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

Energy Regulation? Sounds like a huge Summer Blockbuster, That what people go to the movies to see. It will be like printing money. Watch out, Titanic!

Has there actually been any real news on Aint it Cool News? I remember the Nolan/Bale Batmobile article that turned out to be a huge fake! here They added the word "Fake" to those pics afterward

But the real Nolan/Bale Batmobile showed up on the offical site here

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought I'd resurrect this thread with new rumours of prequel films. A story from Trekweb follows:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks