What's new

Enterprise DVD & Star Trek : The Wrath of Khan DVD (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Enterprise is great! Will they be coming out on DVD anytime soon. What's the plan or is there one? Also, has there been any discussion on the Wrath of Khan S/E DVD? Will it be a new director's version? If so it would be great to include both cuts of the film. The ABC footage is a must!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Calm down there buckaroo
*Enterprise is great! Will they be coming out on DVD anytime soon. What's the plan or is there one?*
No plan that I know of, and I doubt you'll see Enterprise before they finish with Voyager. At the very least it'll be a year or 2 is my guess. It's only 3 episodes old, so I wouldn't expect an announcement till after the first season ends.
*Also, has there been any discussion on the Wrath of Khan S/E DVD? Will it be a new director's version? If so it would be great to include both cuts of the film. The ABC footage is a must! *
Yes, it's coming next year, given that Nick Meyer always wanted to restore the ABC footage, and that the director's cut president has been set, I'd expect it to be there
Jeff Kleist

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I believe there is some precedent for Paramount making pilot episodes available on video early for DS9 and Voyager, but it is unlikely you will see a R1 release of any other episodes until it is being syndicated in 3-4 years. Things have been known to change, though, and hope springs eternal. You may want to express your interest in the studio & manufacturer feedback forum.
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

todd s

Senior HTF Member
We might see this show on dvd before DS9 or Voyager. Just for the fact that the source materials are in the best shape. And if it stays more popular than Voyager in the ratings. I am just psyched we will be getting TNG next March.

Sarah S

Second Unit
I've also noticed that they show Enterprise in widescreen... At least now there won't be the eternal debate over whether widescreen presentation is best for the series. :)

Spero D

Second Unit
Enterprise will be on VHS in March. A possible bar bones DVD of Enterprise may also appear.
Spero D.

Gerry A

Agent
"Yes, it's coming next year, given that Nick Meyer always wanted to restore the ABC footage, and that the director's cut president has been set, I'd expect it to be there
Jeff Kleist"
You know what would be great? I hope Paramount would be able to read this, but it would be terrific if the TOS episode "Space Seed" be included in the Wrath of Khan SE DVD. Those not familiar with Star Trek would be stumped at who Khan is and why he is pissed off at Kirk really bad. This is the episode where this movie sprung from and it would explain a lot of the motivation of the characters in the movie. What do you all think? Paramount?

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Hmm. Space Seed didn't have Chekov in. Which is a bit of a shame as he is the member of the crew they chose to have Kahn recognise. While it's possible to say that Roddenbury would have had Checkov in from day one had the studio allowed it (so I heard) I think seeing the two together would just bee too jarring for the viewer.
Besides...How else will they get you to buy that DVD of TOS?
laugh.gif

------------------
My band is @ http://www.mokita.net
My Novelty Coasters

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hmm. Space Seed didn't have Chekov in. Which is a bit of a shame as he is the member of the crew they chose to have Kahn recognise.
The common rebuttal is that he was a crewman "below decks" at the time of Khan's takeover, and that Khan encountered him "around the ship"...it was just never shown on-camera. So next season Pavel gets promoted to the bridge, then years later he and Khan recognize each other, blah blah blah.
Aint' 20-20 hindsight wonderful?
wink.gif

------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
Do you like TV on DVD? Then check THIS out!
.....http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/.....

MikeCD

Stunt Coordinator
The better theory is that Khan saw Chekhov's profile on the ship's database which is why Khan whispered his name when he saw him. The line was "I never forget a face" not "We've met before". Khan would never introduce himself to cadets wandering around the Enterprise. And about the younger members of his crew in TWOK, they could have been 14 or 15 in "Space Seed", yet we never saw them. Khan would have considered them too young to participate in a takeover.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
"Those not familiar with Star Trek would be stumped at who Khan is and why he is pissed off at Kirk really bad..."
I've never seen the original Khan episode, and it made perfect sense to me.
Also, I've never seen any episodes of "Next Generation," yet the whole "Borg" premise of First Contact still made sense. It just makes it all more mysterious rather than analyzed to death.
I would like to see a ST2 SE though. There's a shot or two in it when they are approaching the Enterprise and you can cleary see that the space footage is a rear-projected shot from the first movie!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Actually, the less you are dependent on the related episode and the more you rely on the movie's own exposition, the less likely you are to quibble about possible continuity gaffes such as the Khan/Chekov thing or the "rules" of the Borg. Maybe people are better off not knowing the episodes unless they want to earn their bachelor's degree in Star Trek. :)
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Yeah, Space Seed would just bring back all those nasty memories we must have of the genetic wars in, er, '97 wasn't it?
laugh.gif

I know there are all sorts of ways round the Khan/Chekov 'plot hole' but it just looks messy. Better without. People can buy a DVD with that episode on so I'm sure they will if they're interested. No doubt a documentary with the disc will explain all.
icon14.gif

------------------
My band is @ http://www.mokita.net
My Novelty Coasters

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
So, should I return the boxset I just bought of all the Trek films and wait an buy them individually? Does anyone know how long till all the SE's will be released?

MikeCD

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like its going to be one every six months or so. Which is way too long between films IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks