What's new

The Prisoner - digipak alternate cover art? (1 Viewer)

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Orange alert!

I've had the BBC individual boxes since they were released, and love them. However, now that some series are being released in nice digipaks, I keep looking at the 5 Prisoner boxes on my shelf & thinking it would be nice to put the whole set in a single small box.

To do so, we'd need - a digipak that can hold 10 discs, and cover art to insert. Is anyone aware of such a thing existing for this set? I checked the BBC site, and they're selling the whole set in one box, but it's comprised of all 10 original keepcases.

Be seeing you,
Doug

John Watson

Screenwriter
I have the set and I know what you mean.

I look at the EMMA PEEL megaset, and think, "I don't have the shelf space" :frowning:

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
Between this: http://www.inetdvd.com/store/shopsho...asp?subcat=116

and dvdcoverart.com you might be able to put a case together.

inetdvd.com sells several varieties of cases, including multipacks. You can probably find a high-quality cover at dvdcoverart.com. If you can't, put in a request and someone will help you out.

There is another site that has a greater collection of cases, but I don't have the bookmark here at work.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Are you sure this is a BBC product? The Prisoner was made by ITV (at the time the only commercial UK station).

FWIW, the series has always been available in a box set in R2 (the individual issues in a box). I should know - I just reshelved my copy this evening.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor

At least in No. Am. it is. It's sold through the BBC America website & the BBC logo is on the beginning of each disc before the menu.

Thanks for the tips, all. I think I'll wait until a 10-disc digipak is available. Maybe I'll design my own cover!

Doug

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
My U.S. copies were distributed by A&E and have no mention of the BBC... but they probably are newer :)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The R2 edition comes in a much smaller (and IMO, sleeker) package. The R1 edition, like all the A&E releases, is overly cumbersome in these days of smaller packages. Can't fault the A&E discs themselves though, which have great transfers, menus, etc.

Would have been nice to have a box the size of 5 discs instead of 10 though.

Joshua_W

Second Unit
Oh, yes, A&E and their "let's spread it out over as many discs as possible and put each one in its own keepcase so it looks like we're not grossly over-charging" philosophy.

I'm eventually going to get some double-disc keepcases (the kind with the swinging tray in them) and get rid of half of my keepcases for The Prisoner, Monty Python's Flying Circus, and Neverwhere. Since most of them are "doubles" anyway, I'll just use the odd numbered cases. Maybe even make custome case covers.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Thinpaks! Buy some thinpaks and ask the guys to make some custom covers for the thinpaks. You gotta save the box and keep cases it comes in, mebbe in the attic in an enclosed box? It's the ONLY reason why I'm holding off on buying The Prisoner. Stupid me! :angry:

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor

You are quite right & I was half wrong. The discs do have the A&E logo before the menus. However, BBC America does sell them on their website. I haven't checked the A&E website. I stand corrected.

And, I just realized I should have used the term thinpak instead of digipak, right? I'm thinking of the type of clear, booklike packs like the Deep Space 9 sets. I expect all 10 Prisoner discs could fit in a box around 3" wide if we had a 10-disc thinpak available. I'm glad everyone seemed to know what I meant.

Seeya.
Doug

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
DS9 is Digipack. Thinpak is the super thin amaray style case which is clear plastic. Are you talking about the UK release of DS9? I haven't bought it yet so I'm none too familiar with the packaging case.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
I was right the first time. I was thinking of digipak, similar to the Band of Brothers pic that Scott linked. DS9 (R1, not UK) is like that, but arranged like the pages of a book.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks