What's new

Story about a girl(personal experience) (1 Viewer)

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,how's it going?

Here's my story,2 months ago i see that nice girl in my philosophy class and from what i've noticed,it looks like she's interested in me...
But here's the thing,that girl doesn't talk to anyone in class(neither boys neither girls).But here's what she does to me,she knows that i'm here,so she looks in my direction but not at me.So you get the point,she doesn't wanna show that she's interested in me...hate that...

I feel like everytime when we finish the class,she takes her time so that she could follow me until we get out of the building.

I would like to talk to her but first i can't find a good opportunity,and second she never looks at me in the eyes and that doesn't give me confidence at all.

Last time i was very close to her(like 1 meter away) because i was waiting for my friend and she was right next to me,so i looked at her in the eyes,she knew that i was looking but didn't want to look at me...It really bothers me.

What do you guys think i should do?
Should i talk to her next course?What if she doesn't want to answer?

Thanks a lot for the advice!

Lates!

Antonio

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
This one is easy.

You haven't spoken a word to her yet. If you try the next time you see her, and she rejects you, you will be in the same situation you are now...meaning you still won't be talking to her...but at least you'll know if she's interested in you or not. What have you got to lose? All you have to say is "Hi, I'm Antonio...I couldn't help but notice you in class and I think you're really pretty and I wanted to say hello." After that, if she's as interested in you as you think she MIGHT be, then she'll come up with something to say and you can take it from there.

If she rejects you, shrug it off and move onto the next one. The guy who gets what he wants is the guy who perserveres through the hardships.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Visibly interested AND shy... You're not often gonna have it this easy.

Excuses... You seem to be looking for some sort of approval before even talking to her. It doesn't work that way. You suspect she likes you, which is more than most guys could say when they walk to a woman. Yet they do it anyway.

Take deep breath next time, and say "Hi". She is as terrified as you are, I promise you.

--
H

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
Since its philosophy class, ask her if she'd like to come over to your room to Plato with your Bacon... If she says she Kant, you know she has a Locke on her chastity belt and you're going to get Neitzsche...

In the alternative, you could just tell her your name is Schrodinger and and you like to do mindblowing things with pussies and boxes...

:D

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
So let me get this straight... Cute girl, interested in you, and you waste time coming here to ask a troupe of HT geeks for advice?

You're doomed, my friend. DOOMED.

;)

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I'm a student too so I'll see if I can help you overcome your fear. No matter how many people tell you to "just go ask her out" that ain't going to work because you probably won't do it. (and even if you did ask her out in a mental state of nervousness she'll probably be weirded out by you and say no)

That is why I have a different solution for you...

Get her to become attracted to you... You do the "flirting" that will drive this girl into wanting to ask you out.

To do this you should start by verbally playing with her. (Which is essentially flirting). Say something like: "Why do you always follow me out of the building? are you stalking me or something?" (say this with a smile and she'll get the joke)

Or when you were standing next to her for a while, say something like: "Are you shy or something?"
She may reply "No, why you ask that?"
Then say: "Because I've been standing next to you for like five minutes and you havn't even said Hi"

These are excellent "pick up lines" that don't seem canned and should help you to pick up a conversation with her. However... the most important factor in this whole thing is not what you say, but how you say it. You should think "happy thoughts" (midget riding a tricycle comes to mind) and that will get you into a friendly mood to talk with her. If you are a nervous wreck and attempt to begin a conversation then you'll probably make her feel all nervous too which is not a good ice breaker.

And never just ask a girl out on a date, that's like a suicide mission seeing as how "dating" is getting to be so outdated. Take it in baby steps and say something like: "Do you have email?"

She'll say "Yes" because all students have email.

Then say "Ok, write it down for me" and hand her a piece of paper.

If she asks "Why do you want my email", don't give her a direct answer and just joke about it like saying "So I can email you five times a day". hehe

Humor will make the situation a lot more comfortable and fore pete's sake, act like somebody cool like what Brad Pitt or James Bond would do in the situation and not get all nervous or giddy.

The more you get to know her this way and "flirt" with her you will create attraction. This will likely result in situations where you'll start doing casual things with her such as studying, or just getting something to eat or coffee.

From here, it'll become a lot easier asking her out on a date if that's what you want. (Which will probably just be a text book dinner and a movie)

Take it in steps man.. Don't just ask her out next time you see her unless you want to see the most uncomfortable and shocking look on a girls face. :) (Or she may smile and look flattered if she's used to that sort of thing)

If you're afraid to even talk to her in the first place then I'd work on my social skills and go to a public place (like a mall or cafeteria) and approach total strangers (girls) and just start up random conversations. They can be old, married, under-age, or hot, but just talk to them about something just to see that people are either friendly or afraid. This type of excersize will help you overcome your anxiety. If you can't think of anything to say at all.. then you should just tap them on the shoulder and say "Boo", and then walk away. (be observational)

Let us know what works out, and post again if you're still afraid to even say "bless you" if she sneezes.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Ricardo has a point... Why ask this here??? You should probably just go up to her... Look at it this way... It wont kill you... If your right, your right... If your wrong, your wrong... It wont exactly ruin your life...

Erik???

Youth is wasted on the young??? What are you compaining about??? Your only 34... I wouldnt consider that ancient... lol...

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Whatever you do DO NOT ask her out first up. Ask her if she did her homework, blah blah.. something about the class you both have something in common in. Then from there it's up to your personality & confidence to get a date.

Don't get your hopes up 100% despite what all these guys say. You have to find out if she's really interested in you by talking to her first. If she doesn't talk back imagine how it's gonna be when you go on a date.

edit- chris has some great points. if she's super shy and retracts when you show you're attracted to her ask for her email/AIM for class puporses. When you're in a virtual setting online with her you'll notice she'll open up much more.

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
Sup,

Thanks a lot guys for the input,i'm having a class on friday so i'll probably see her there.
I'm gonna try my best to talk to her(probably like at the end of the class) but i won't ask her out,like Chris and Scott said,i don't think it's a good idea to ask her out on the first time,it's more likely that she's gonna say no because she's shy,so it doesn't help.

BTW,i'm shy too...gonna be hard lol

I'll give you more info during the week-end...

P.S:Why i came here to take your opinion about it is because you have more experience than i do.

Take care!

Antonio

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I gotta agree with this. If she is shy, she may reject you just out of fear (by you blind-siding her).

Definitely make it sound friendly so you can get to know her. If she's interested, you'll know it. Making it friendly makes it easier on yourself if she rejects you.

You sound a lot like me. My ex always told me how guys used to ask her out at the end of the year and she never understood it. I told her that's because it was easier for them if you rejected them :D (i.e. They would feel awkward the next time they saw you in class).

Making friends with this girl at first is the safe way to do things if you are shy and she is too.

Good Luck!

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt

Schrodinger's Cat. :laugh: :laugh:

I was laughing so much after reading the first part that I totally skipped over the second.

Excellent. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks