What's new

12 Monkeys Ultimate Edition this fall (1 Viewer)

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Sounds like its the same Collector's Edition that exists now with an additional DTS track. Sounds like they added the DTS track to the existing disc and put the extras on a second.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I'll pass my current 12 monkeys is fine .. gotta love that documentary on the ce its prolly the finest ive ever seen.

Daniel L

Stunt Coordinator
Hopefully, they'll fix the commentary track, since the back end of it was cut off, as soon as the movie ended.
Daniel L

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
I shudder to think of all the titles Universal passed on just so they can "touch up" an already fantastic 12 Monkey's CE.
What a waste of resources!

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
This is great news to me, since I was getting ready to purchase the current DVD! Got the news just in time! :)

MikeF

Stunt Coordinator
The deleted scenes and outtakes are new. Still, this begs the question -- why?!
Hey Universal: wake up. How about fixing your fucked up releases (Scarface comes to mind) instead of rehashing perfectly good titles.
------------------
My oh so exciting DVD collection.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
This is great news to me, since I was getting ready to purchase the current DVD! Got the news just in time! :)

MikeF

Stunt Coordinator
The deleted scenes and outtakes are new. Still, this begs the question -- why?!
Hey Universal: wake up. How about fixing your fucked up releases (Scarface comes to mind) instead of rehashing perfectly good titles.
------------------
My oh so exciting DVD collection.

Jason Borchers

Second Unit
I might buy it just because I love the movie so much. I'd like to see the deleted scenes and outtakes, and the compression on the documentary will undoubtedly be improved from the current Collector's Edition by being on a second disc.
I just hope it comes in an Abyss-style double keepcase instead of that horrible see-through thing Universal's been using for their other UEs.
Hopefully, they'll fix the commentary track, since the back end of it was cut off, as soon as the movie ended.
YES. I will be majorly pissed if they don't fix that.
------------------
Jason Borchers
Link Removed

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Hrmmm.....I have both copies of 12 Monkeys. Maybe I should sell them and by the Ultimate Edition?
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Great news to me as well, I still don't have this movie, and it being 16x9 and DTS! :) INSTANT PURCHASE!
------------------

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but this does indeed seem to be a little ridiculous. Here's an idea, Universal? How about expending some of this energy into getting Back to the Future out the door instead?
My current copy of 12 Monkeys is fine, thank you. I might rent the new one to see the deleted scenes, but I see no reason to get rid of my current copy.
Link Removed

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Well I already own the DD and DTS versions of this great film so the Ultimate Edition will not be a purchase for me. At least the first DTS release was full bit rate but that was not that much of an improvement over the DD even with the increased rate. If you buy this disc again, you will probably be paying for the same transfer from the earlier release, a "new" pan and scan version, and a half bit rate DTS that will sound just like the DD.
I love how Universal is trying to get people to purchase a disc again esentially, when it is all said and done, just making us upgrade for Pan and Scan. Oh well, at least people just getting into DVD will be able to get a great package from the get go at a lower price.
J
------------------
Don't be a luddy-duddy! Don't be a mooncalf! Don't be a jabbernowl!

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I'm satisfied with my DTS CE version. I mean, deleted scenes and outtakes are nice and all, but I'm not gonna fork out some more cash just for that! Even though it's one of my favorites, I still can't justify it. Not to mention the fact that I really don't feel that the DTS is all that great (compared to recent soundtracks anyway).
Phooey on this re-release crap! I wish they would just do it right the first time and move on.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I've got to roll my eyes over the fact they're revisiting what would seem to be an already super CE release, but I also have to smile as I too don't own the CE.
Dan (UK)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks