What's new

Rapture (1 Viewer)

Joe_Pinney

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Pinney
I saw it on cable some years ago, I believe; I recall David Duchovny was in this, pre-X Files. Very interesting story, and Rogers really carried it well. Some of the images left a lasting impression.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
About a year and a half ago, I asked director Michael Tolkin about this coming out on DVD. He said it would be coming once he got around to working on it. HTF member Mark Cappelletty might be able to provide a more recent update from Mr. Tolkin.

DJ

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
This was listed as coming soon in new line advertisement's that came with some of there dvd's. But ever since then it has vanished off the radar.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Damin, you have a very sharp memory, but as a lawyer, I wouldn't expect any less.

Alas, I'm not much in contact with Michael anymore (I used to be his assistant), but I'll likely give him a ring now that he's just been credited on the "Punisher" movie and want to congratulate him.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a title that Image puts out. They put out the original LD and might have the rights to the commentary track. Image has put out a couple of Fine Line titles on DVD ("Man of the Century," etc.) and recently did a port of Criterion's "Bodies, Rest and Motion." And New Line is FINALLY digging into their back catalogue for titles. Fingers are crossed for this, "Waterland," "Proof" and "Where Angels Fear To Tread."

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I have been wanting "The Rapture" to happen for a while.

Love this film and everything about it. It will be a fine day when this title gets announced.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Thanks for the info. If you find out anything Michael please let us know.
You would think with the popularity of the movie "The Passion" that there would be a market for this title.

Still surprised that Rogers did not become a big star after this movie.

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
Does anybody have any new information on a possible DVD release of this film?

I remember seeing this title listed on a "Coming Soon" insert years ago- I think it may have been included with the original "Blue Velvet", if memory serves.

I have the "The Rapture" on laserdisc, but would love to see it given a proper DVD treatment.

Thanks!
Jimmy

New Line's finally releasing it November 2nd! Very suprised and pleased to see this announced today on DVDfile:

Excellent!

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
HELL YES!!!! The Rapture is the only film in my top 10 favorite films of all time that has yet to be released on DVD, and has been my most wanted on DVD for a good while. Can't wait!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
excellent news!! this is not just a good movie it's a great movie that gets you thinking. not enough people have seen this film, hopefully on dvd that will change.

Kevin Sharp

Stunt Coordinator
I still have the Image laserdisc of this, with a very good (and funny) commentary by Tolkin, Rogers, and Duchovny. I wonder if the DVD will feature the same track - ?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I remember seeing this in the theater at one of those independent places. Don't really remember much about the film though. Hopefully, the local rental shop will get it so I can give it a second look.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I rented this and talked about it with my friend, who is an atheist. She actually happened upon it on cable shortly afterward and found it interesting in a disturbing kind of way.

I thought the ending was a great visual illustration of one definition of Hell, that Hell is simply being eternally separated from God and Heaven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks