-

Photo

Bad DVD Cover Art

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#41 of 45 ChrisRose

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator

• 189 posts

Posted March 21 2004 - 10:59 AM

I know you shouldn't judge a DVD by it's cover but... I'm an artist... so bad artwork really...pains me. Posted Image It doesn't stop me from buying a movie I really like. But I've gotta bitch and moan about it anyway.

It's true, a lot of region 1 DVD covers suck compared to other regions.

Region 2
Posted Image

And...Region 1
Posted Image

Region 2
Posted Image

And...Region 1
Posted Image

#42 of 45 Darren Haycock

Darren Haycock

Second Unit

• 456 posts

Posted March 21 2004 - 12:30 PM

Just seeing the prevelance of DTS on those Region 2 covers annoys me too. Not too bring up a DD vs. DTS argument or anything, but I wouldn't mind a little more fairness among the regions...
"Make ready, for this is our first and final battle..."

#43 of 45 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,276 posts

Posted March 21 2004 - 01:11 PM

Well that's why it's nice to see sights like DVDCoverart.com and all the budding cover creators who have more imagination than a thousand studio execs... which means the studios will be presurring those sites away eventually so the Bad Floating Head shots can continue. It seems "Joe Six pack" mentality applies to cover art as well.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#44 of 45 Jonathan Dagmar

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor

• 723 posts

Posted March 21 2004 - 04:10 PM

I agree about Ninja Turtles, I would have bought it when I saw it the store the other day, as I had fond memories of that film, but when I saw the cover art I immediately thought to myself "uh, this doesn't looks as good as I remembered it" and put it back. BAD COVER ART DOES EFFECT SALES!

On the other hand, I disagree about Sleeping Beauty, I think Region 1 is better.

#45 of 45 Kai Zas

Kai Zas

Second Unit

• 396 posts

Posted March 21 2004 - 05:38 PM

Quote:
Just seeing the prevelance of DTS on those Region 2 covers annoys me too. Not too bring up a DD vs. DTS argument or anything, but I wouldn't mind a little more airness among the regions...

It's like they are denying the existence of the internet or something. They think we realy are contained in our regions. Posted Image