What's new

Bad DVD Cover Art (1 Viewer)

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
I dont really waste energy on rating cover-art. I could really care less as long as the film is presented right. besides, the art work is hidden 99% of the time. now spine art? I like that nice, of course.;)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
There's a very bad version of The Frighteners out there. I also find Phone Booth's and Gangs of New York's to be bad.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
They actually reissued the DTS Dantes Peak? OH boy I need to find it.

Anyways, back on topic, I think the worst change of cover art would have to be hollow man. The theatrical poster was amazing, the DVD art horrifying, for the wrong reasons.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'll reiterate...

This is the only movie to date, that I absolutely refuse to buy due to the cover art. Especially after seeing what France had in the works...

I nominate R1 GONY the absolute ugliest cover art ever on a film of it's status. It reminds me of those oldschool Miramax budget releases. In fact, it's quite possibly the all-time worst cover art for any DVD ever.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Don't know if it's in "worst ever" territory, but the upcoming In America disc has some lousy cover art. The beautiful movie poster would have been a far, far better cover. But Adam Reiter's review did reveal the very nice-looking menus, so that'll be some consolation on the design end of things. :D

Haden

Supporting Actor
Whoa... what's that Gangs of New York set? 4 discs?! What all is included in that set?

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
That is not the art for the R1 disc of Gangs of New York (at least the version I have).

Probably the worst art I have ever seen would be on the upcoming release of In America.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Yep. The final version is actually much worse in my opinion. It takes the big heads concept to the next level.

JohnTRU

Stunt Coordinator
The upcoming Panic Room special edition has some pretty terrible art, but enough has been said about that already.

I think the recent 'Led Zeppelin DVD' cover has to be the one that makes the absolute least amount of sense.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The original Italian Job's US cover is even worse than most examples posted in this thread so far.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Running Man: SE looks awful.

I also agree with the Black Hawk Down: SE cover looking terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks