What's new

HTF Anime Discussion Part VII (1 Viewer)

Alanna

Second Unit
JohnAD: I think I will probably hit the 700 mark this year. My current total is 562 (mine and bf's combined its hard to tell who's is what anymore but atleast I know all the anime are mine lol) so I'm not far off. Heheh gives me something to shoot for. And there's about 10 anime DVDs floating around out there being jostled around by the postal service.

OOoooh and I'm soooo happy! Why?? I got home and recieved an email stating that Sailor Moon Season 1 has been shipped. WOohooOOo! I was afraid I wouldn't get it but persistance (and a few phone calls) finally paid off. Again, I repeat. yay. :)

Now if only Fruits Basket would show up in the mail today.. speaking of Fruits Basket. I just hope they release a seperate box with maybe a tshirt offer. That would be awesome.

Alanna

Second Unit
And I forgot (sorry for two useless double posts) but I was at Walmart today and they had about 20 copies of Galaxy Angel for $17.68 or some weird cents amount. I was tempted to get it but ordered it yesterday with the box, probably for the best though since I really wanted the box this time.... anyway that's all....

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Sweet price at Wal*Mart, hopefully they'll have subsequent volumes there.

Bandai's distro price has gotten lower (since they became independent from Geneon), so you can get their DVDs from DDD for $17.99 shipped :D

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Just wanted to drop in and say "Hi" in the new thread. animeondvd reported that Wolf's Rain is likely to be released in July.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
My sister will be happy about the Wolf's Rain release, she's been waiting on that for awhile.
I still need to finish up my Bebop collection....

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Bandai has 2 BIG releases this summer with Wolf's Rain and the first season of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Geneon also has two big releases coming soon, both with boxes I might add (;)), ROD TV (26-episode TV series based off the Read or Die OVA) and the 13-episode sequel to Ai Yori Aoshi, Ai Yori Aoshi ~Enishi.

By the way... Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 2ND GIG is sweeeeet ;)

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Alanna:

Now you just have to get your percentage up :). That's what I've been working on for the last year or so. My goal is to get to at least 50% anime. I've already gotten past the 51% mark on Japanese disks.

Rob:

Wow, at VII already...pretty soon, we'll have to ask for a subtopic under HT software :D.

I moved over the last of my DVDs to my new place last night, so I can't watch any until Saturday at the earliest, when the movers move the furniture. How will I get my anime fix :D?

John.

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
*swims over to the new thread*

Well, I got a bunch o' anime from rightstuf. If you click on my collection link and scroll/sort by collection number, you can see it. PC is working (with new 80GB hdd) but have yet to install XP and office small business (Need Word and Excel).

Michael Morris

Stunt Coordinator
The AYA Enishi series wasn't really that good Rob, you will probably be pretty disappointed with it. At least they are releasing the manga so we can see the true ending.

Mike

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Woo:

Looks like you spent a bunch 'o' money :). Glad to hear your PC is working again.

John.

Michael Morris

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, did anyone pick up Chobits vol 7 yet? Were the filler eps any good? I am going to pick it up friday along with the SM box sets from DDD. I don't really know why I'm buying Sailor Moon but Rob told me to. hehe

Mike

PS: Dita r0x0rz

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Michael:

Yeah, I watched it, they were better than the usual recap episodes, and ep 24.5 actually had some new content. The Chibits mini episode made the whole disk worth it, though.

I agree that Dita r0X0rz :D.

John.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Micheal, I've seen Enishi... and I felt it was up to par with the rest of the series, but not as amazing as the first few episodes of AYA.

Mike, DDD seems to be all out of Sailor Moon boxes, so you're going to have to get them from Right Stuf if you want them. Hey, I'm not MAKING you buy them, I just know how to advertise series :D
Oh yeah, cause that's gonna happen anytime soon :rolleyes::D ;)

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Yes, among other evil acts. I actually have a link, if anyone wants it, for a "bitch page" about CN's Tenchi edits.

As for my whole series:

Kimagure Orange Road OVA & movie
KOR TV [together, these two give me 24.5 out of 26.5 hours of this in the whole world -- and the pilot episode and second movie aren't on my "to get" list]
Tenchi Muyo! OVA
You're Under Arrest! OVA
Oh My Goddess! OVA
Top wo Nerae! GunBuster
Bubblegum Crisis
Bubblegum Crash
AD Police Files
Genesis Surviver [sic] Gaiarth
Vampire Princess Miyu OVA
Crusher Joe movie & OVA
Explorer Woman Ray [there are only 2 episodes, and they're on 1 disc]
Kishin Corps
Armitage III OVA & movie [not the recent "Dual-Matrix", though]

And a variety of movies and one-shots :D .

Alanna

Second Unit
I can second that about Sailor Moon still being available from Deep Discount DVD. Its not on their webpage but give them a call, they have both Season One and Two in stock. Ordered them both yesterday. Season One has already shipped and they assured me that Two was listed as In Stock. I think the deal is perhaps they don't really have enough left to justify leaving it on the site. Have a credit card handy though because they don't take anything else. For $40 a pop its definitely worth it! You might have to hold for a bit (about 15min for me but it was during lunch hour there). Here's the customer service number: 1-800-264-5076

Hope that helps someone. Part of the reason I got it is because the packaging is so damn cool. Well that and my friend LOVES Sailor Moon and was wishing for it when she saw an ad in one of my magazines back awhile ago.

JohnAD: I'll never get an even 50/50 ratio. Its just not gonna happen, but I can keep trying. Hehehe...

I'm also looking forward to Wolf's Rain. Seeing it in Newtype made me interested in that (and Chobits...and Kiddy Grade....and....) which is probably why my bf doesn't like me buying it anymore. It gives me "bad ideas". LOL

Alanna

Second Unit

I loved both of those. I thought it was so interesting seeing the differences between the two and the more political slanted OVA as compared to the action heavy U.S. audience intended movie. I liked the OVA better overall but the ending in the movie was my favorite. Great stuff, loved comparing them, probably why I liked it so much, gave me something to think about for days afterward, and I love the character of Naomi.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks