What's new

Widescreen WONKA (1 Viewer)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
It's due November 13. Many of us cancelled preorders in August when we heard the bad news. We raised a ruckus on the forums. We signed the petition. WE GOT OUR WAY!
Now it's time to put up. Make sure you purchase your W I D E S C R E E N copy of WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY. Show Warner they did the right thing.
Looks like it will be a winner. Mine is on preorder at Amazon.
DVDFile just posted a review:
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi...ywonka_ws.html
[Edited last by Glenn Heberle on October 25, 2001 at 09:24 PM]

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Once I get my birthday money, I will be pre-ordering a copy automatically. :)
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AIM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I am NOT pre-ordering widescreen Wonka.
I am walking into a B&M and buying it with my own little hands.
I don't care who the B&M is: first day/best price gets my money.
biggrin.gif

On Street Date.
If I may "steal" a slogan:
KNOW OAR. KNOW SALES. (No OAR, no sales)
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I canceled my order on line, signed the petition(s) and emailed my e-tailer. When the OAR version was announced I re-ordered it through the same e-tailer and e-mailed them again.
No OAR = No Sale
------------------
-- Will Work for Five Million Dollars

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I'm there, Widescreen Wonka is coming home from the B&M with the Best price. Hopefully Wal-Mart will have it, so I can add to the number of OAR's sold at Wally world!
------------------
Sean
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
DeepDiscountDVD is selling it for 18.73 and free shipping. Will the disc be sold cheaper than this from a B&M? I don't recall the full frame version being sold that cheap.

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered mine the first day I read here that it was coming. I have never seen this movie before.
We just have to show them that this was the right thing to do. The only way to show this is $.
------------------
- Michael
My DVD collection

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
I'm going to have to check the system at BestBuy to see if it's even going to be available. I get the sneaking suspicion that this title will be one of those that doesn't make it to the major B&M stores.

SteveA

Supporting Actor
I fully expect Best Buy to carry this title. At my local Best Buy, all copies of the full screen version were tucked into a little hard-to-see corner of the shelf space. :) I don't know if that was done by the store staff or by a sly customer, but it was nice to see nonetheless!

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
I ALWAYS shuffle the fullscreeners behind the widescreen versions - I helped Walmart whith their Silence of the Lambs discs just yesterday. It is everyone's patriotic duty!
patriot.gif
wink.gif

Bryan

ChrisA

Second Unit
I cancelled my 1.33 WONKA DVD PREORDER way back when we learned of the 1.33 fiasco. Waiting for my 1.85 WONKA DVD to show up in November.
To show my support, I had no intention of ordering Cats and DOGS, but the debate brought it to my attention that a WIDESCREEN VERSION is available, So I ordered WIDESCREEN CATS AND DOGS TO BOOT!
Now we need to start a petition for the support of HD-DVD.
------------------
Link Removed

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I've stopped preordering online a while back. I will be B&M'ing this title on street date.
No OAR = No Sale

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I expect that since my local Best Buys are in denial about the existence of a widescreen Wonka or Cats & Dogs, there will be no promos for them there (especially since they were just a few weeks ago released in fullscreen). Deep Discount DVD seems to be the way to go for me. I wish there was a way to let BB know that they lost 2 sales because of Warner's stupidity.
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Looks like most forum members are going to purchase this title from B&M stores. But I am wondering how many of them will actually sell the widescreen version, or at least initially when it is released. I am getting mine from Amazon were at least I know it will be available.
------------------
My Movie Collection on DVD and Laser Disc

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
Well said, but I'd like to up the ante on this, and urge those with the wherewithal, to join me in purchasing two copies of Willy Wonka in widescreen. Hell, I may even buy three or four copies (all widescreen), and send them as gifts to family and friends.
...now if we can get MGM to re-release Ian Flemings' family classic musical "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" as a widescreen anamorphic special edition! THAT will be REAL PROGRESS!
patriot.gif

Spence
------------------
SpenceJT
Link Removed
"...now what's all this crud about no movie tonight!"
- Thank you Mr. Lemmon
[Edited last by SpenceJT on October 26, 2001 at 11:46 AM]

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I ALWAYS shuffle the fullscreeners behind the widescreen versions - I helped Walmart whith their Silence of the Lambs discs just yesterday. It is everyone's patriotic duty!
HeHeHe, I do that too! Sometimes I'll even hide them under the CD racks when no one is looking(I know it takes them a couple of days to find them, sometimes more, HeHeHe)
patriot.gif

------------------
Sean
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks