What's new

Cover Art: Tour of Duty Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I really liked this show during its initial run. Does anyone know if the rights to the original music were secured (namely Paint it Black during the opening credits)?

Adam T

Agent
I really like the cover. I could see why they use a shot of the cast since it changed from year to year. I cant wait for this DVD. Its been off the air for a year now.
Any news yet on specs and extras??

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Patrick,

That's part of the agreement that we ALL have to adhere to to gain access to the information on the Columbia TriStar website. The announce date for this title (and all the other TV titles you have posted) is 3/29/2004, about a week and a half from now. They do this so we can all post the same information at the same time and no one has the upper-hand.

Gord

Paul Russell

Agent
I have to agree with Gord on this one. You're not helping any media outlet by breaking the announce date. Sure, you may get the scoop, but you screw everyone else (including print and mainstream media). The announce dates are in place for a reason and must be adhered to. Furthermore, placing your site's URL on the cover art is a big no-no. You do not own the copyright to the material. Even the big e-tailers had to change their policy (you'll note DVD Empire simply says Copyrighted Material now instead of their URL).

Please do us all a favor and play by the rules.

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
:D Haven't seen this in many years and will be there when the stores open that morning! Here's hoping for solid A/V presentation too!

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1319

The original music will be replaced. :frowning:

They don't know if this includes the title song but I really don't care - the music was a big part of the show and I won't buy it if they replace it.

What are they going to replace it with in a show like this anyway?

It's easy to replace one forgettable pop song with another one on shows like Felicity or Dawson's Creek - but what are they doing with a show that features old classics?

I don't even want to think about what they'll do to Quantum Leap. :frowning:

Terry H

Second Unit

Why would they even bother to release this set without the original music? Kinda pointless isn't it? Will anyone really buy it? I know I won't, just curious if anyone will.

Adam T

Agent
I don't remember if they had the original music when it was on TNT. I'm going to check that out and I am not surprised that original music won't be released. I really enjoy the show and haven't seen it for a while. I would definitely pick it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks