Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Cover Art: Tour of Duty Season 1

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor

• 883 posts

Posted March 17 2004 - 09:49 AM

Due June 8th

Posted Image

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Todd Stout

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted March 17 2004 - 10:42 AM

I really liked this show during its initial run. Does anyone know if the rights to the original music were secured (namely Paint it Black during the opening credits)?

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted March 17 2004 - 10:46 AM

this is sweet. Great show as well
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Adam T

Adam T

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted March 17 2004 - 04:54 PM

I really like the cover. I could see why they use a shot of the cast since it changed from year to year. I cant wait for this DVD. Its been off the air for a year now.
Any news yet on specs and extras??

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   Greg S

Greg S

Supporting Actor

• 991 posts

Posted March 18 2004 - 02:07 AM

Excellent. This is on the MUST BUY list!!

Thanks

Greg

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted March 18 2004 - 03:04 AM

Patrick,

Quote:
6. Title Pre-Release Restriction
Users of this site are prohibited from publicizing or promoting the availability of any title or product collection until the product "announce" date, which is made available on the "Spec Sheet" posted for each title/collection. Further, no assets or information about products listed on this site may be used under any circumstance before said announce date. A title or street date listing on this site in no way indicates that this product has announced.

That's part of the agreement that we ALL have to adhere to to gain access to the information on the Columbia TriStar website. The announce date for this title (and all the other TV titles you have posted) is 3/29/2004, about a week and a half from now. They do this so we can all post the same information at the same time and no one has the upper-hand.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Paul Russell

Paul Russell

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted March 18 2004 - 05:14 AM

I have to agree with Gord on this one. You're not helping any media outlet by breaking the announce date. Sure, you may get the scoop, but you screw everyone else (including print and mainstream media). The announce dates are in place for a reason and must be adhered to. Furthermore, placing your site's URL on the cover art is a big no-no. You do not own the copyright to the material. Even the big e-tailers had to change their policy (you'll note DVD Empire simply says Copyrighted Material now instead of their URL).

Please do us all a favor and play by the rules.
Best regards,

Paul Russell
President, DVD Angle
www.dvdangle.com

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit

• 472 posts

Posted March 18 2004 - 05:56 AM

Posted Image Haven't seen this in many years and will be there when the stores open that morning! Here's hoping for solid A/V presentation too!
"We make it hard...the easy way."

Funniest line I have ever read in DVD a review: "'The Simple Life' stars rich, spoiled friends Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie as two rich, spoiled friends who are taken out of their posh Los Angeles lifestyle and deposited in a small town in Arkansas..."

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Sven Lorenz

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor

• 529 posts

Posted March 29 2004 - 05:16 AM

http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=1319

The original music will be replaced. Posted Image

They don't know if this includes the title song but I really don't care - the music was a big part of the show and I won't buy it if they replace it.

What are they going to replace it with in a show like this anyway?

It's easy to replace one forgettable pop song with another one on shows like Felicity or Dawson's Creek - but what are they doing with a show that features old classics?

I don't even want to think about what they'll do to Quantum Leap. Posted Image

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Terry H

Terry H

Second Unit

• 319 posts

Posted March 29 2004 - 12:19 PM

Quote:
They don't know if this includes the title song but I really don't care - the music was a big part of the show and I won't buy it if they replace it.

Why would they even bother to release this set without the original music? Kinda pointless isn't it? Will anyone really buy it? I know I won't, just curious if anyone will.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Adam T

Adam T

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted March 29 2004 - 03:14 PM

I don't remember if they had the original music when it was on TNT. I'm going to check that out and I am not surprised that original music won't be released. I really enjoy the show and haven't seen it for a while. I would definitely pick it up.

Forum Nav Content I Follow