Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Reciever crosstalk issue

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Mark Hedges

Mark Hedges

Second Unit

• 442 posts

Posted March 17 2004 - 05:21 AM

I was wondering if anybody could give me some help with a reciever crosstalk issue I am having. The reciever in question is a Sony DA4ES. Basically what is happening is I am getting signal bleed between channels. So if I turn up an unused input very loud (say -20 dB) I can hear the signal from another input. I am guessing the signal strength is down about 50 dB or so but I can still hear it. I don't know if this will affect the sound or not but it is enough to bother me. Any suggestions? Would using the Cardas RCA caps on my unused inputs help, or should I use some kind of shorting cap? Thanks! Mark

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy

Producer

• 3,999 posts

Posted March 17 2004 - 06:10 AM

Mark, sometimes you can ameliorate the cross-talk by switching from an "in-use" input to one that is not, and then to the input you want. Try that and see if it reduces the crosstalk volume. As I understand it, those Cardas caps are meant only to prevent noise from external radio/magnetic/etc. waves. I don't think they would have any effect on crosstalk (unless such noise is causing audible crosstalk).
"Only one is a wanderer;
Two together are always going somewhere."

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Producer

• 5,937 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX

Posted March 17 2004 - 12:10 PM

Won’t help a thing, because the problem is coming from the used inputs, not the unused.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

My Equipment List
“A nice mid-fi system,” according to an audiophile acquaintance.

My Tech / DIY Articles and Reviews