What's new

Do I really need an Ultra? What about Plus or ISD? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
I know that I am trying to get an SVS sub in april or worst case X-mas. But I would like to get one in april. I think if I choose the Ultra I will have to wait till x-mas. Now I know I want the 20-39... whatever it happens to be. But do I really need an Ultra? Yes I could tell a difference between the Plus driver and the Ultra.

Here is my room. 320 Sq Ft with vaulted ceiling, wall to wall fireplace on right side of theater room, left side is a large opening for the dining room, stairs, and hallway. I get a decent amount of bass from my boston towers now. So I dont need much more. But I listen to alot of music. So musical accuracy is a HUGE factor.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Jesse

I thought you sold audio/video equipment. what do you tell your customers when deciding between different items?

The PCI is good enough but you want the plus and you crave the ultra.

Keith Hyde

Stunt Coordinator
Someone pull the needle off this record.

But really, its a legit question. My answer is the 2+ for above said reasons. Don't forget the affordable dual 2+ option if down the road you decide you need it. No nice finish... but...

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
Jesse, I've learned the hard way over the years that you should go ahead and get what you want because you will spend more in the long run if you don't. (whew) It will just take you several steps (read, spend more money) to finally get what you want.

For me, I read the description for the PB2-ISD (musical first) and that pretty much sold me. It is probably a little large for me and I WAS real close to just getting an HSU VTF-3 MK2 but I would have always had that "I wonder what if" going on about the SVS PB2-ISD. So I canceled the HSU order and got on the PB2-ISD waiting list. Ordered it March 1st and I am still being told "probably next week" (same thing I was told last week). If you want an SVS in April, you need to order it now.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Buy the best one you can afford, and put it on your VISA. Why wait until christmas?

Can you afford a PC-Ultra? If you find it's a little bit expensive just buy a 20 PC Plus.

Not hard really.:rolleyes

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
This is what ron emailed me back... I hope you dont mind.

Jesse,

Whether you can afford it (even with 10% off, no shipping and not tax??)
you KNOW you want the PC-Ultra. You will keep wondering if you get
anything else. It has your name on it, and if you come here to hear
one, you will be ruined, so just plan on getting one.

No one "needs" an SVS, of any sort.

This is about pure lust, sound quality and bragging rights.

;^)

So I think that settles it. I know Im gonna have that whole "What if" Bullshit going on if I dont do it.

WayneO

Supporting Actor
:thumbsdown:

So how many more of these "which SVS" posts to you plan to spam the board with? You're only at 6 or 7 right now. You've personally visited Ron and demoed subs, have emailed him/SVS about subs and posted numerous threads which amazingly, members keep responding to. If you haven't figured it out by now............ It's just getting a little old yeah?

Rogelio D

Agent
No, no Jesse don't listen to SVS. :)

What you really, really want is to buy my 2 Pb2+.

I'll toodle on over to CO and deliver em to you.

Then I can get the PB2 Ultra that I wish I would have purchased instead of the +'s.

Do I dislike the PB2+ --- NO!

Do I really need a PB2 Ultra ---- NO!

;)

Get what you really want.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Being a ex-salesman, I can smell time wasters a mile off. Chopping and changing, getting endless demos, asking the same thing again and again and again. I think Jesse is one of those.

Prove me wrong Jesse.

Neal_C

Second Unit
So you are getting 10% off, no shipping charge, no tax charge, and you need to post about what you should do?

Nobody gets that good of a deal, not even repeat customers.

Just buy the thing.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
I have purchased 7 subs from these guys and I haven't got a sweet deal like that.

Jesse, go outside and grab a tree branch about 3 foot long 2 inches thick bring it inside and we will be right with you.

If you don't hear a knock on your door, feel free to start without us.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Jesse, I thought you have been advised that it is unwise to post personal deals you have with manufacturers on the forum.

Shouldn't you have asked this before posting it? I'm sure Ron is going out of his way for this deal, the least you could do is respect him enough not to blab to the public exactly how much he is giving you. Sheesh!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I had a reply or rather a statement to post but I decided to delete it instead.

There possibly could be more going on here than what meets the eye???

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
How is it, that this guy is getting such a great deal? I thought that repeat customers only get 5% off, and still have to pay shipping.

Shit, if I got a deal like that, I would buy 4 (FOUR) B4+ in an instant!

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Guys,

The sub Jesse would get in this case (if he indeed bites the bullet) would be a photo sample sent to me here in Colorado, and beat on a good bit (gently Jesse, gently). I can't very well sell it as new, but rather as b-stock then.

That I have to have it sent to me anyway he'll skate on shipping, and that he's paying over the web means like for all of you (but the folks in Ohio) there's no state tax that we have to collect.

Sweet deal? Hell yeah. And if I sense a moment's hesitation it'll go to the next person that happens by my office that wants the same deal. I can only have so many subs collecting up around here. ;^)

Yes, I've already made a condition for purchase that Jesse has to come to HTF and post that he's indeed, finally, to everyone's relief bought an SVS and not dreaded "Brand X" (them or "Acme", we hate them both ;^).

Ron

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Ron imo you have every right to charge what you like. 10-20-30-40% off? It's your business and you can do as you like. In saying this I have always felt I have been treated very fairly (more than fair actually). I am not surprised to hear your explanation and I can definitely understand your reasoning.

My peeve has nothing to do with price. But then it's only a peeve and is really not very important as things go in life.

I think it's kind of funny the up-tee-do's we see on the Forum every now and then. We're all individuals aren't we.

Sorry for the bump.

greg baker

Stunt Coordinator
Post (#1 of 2 posts)

Jesse Sharrow

I think this is the driver I would like to go with. But how much power do I need for it? It says its peak is 1000 watts. But Im guessing I dont need near that much. I have a 250 SQ FT room. I dont mind building a big box, but I want it to be fairly musical. So is like a 250 watt plate amp fine? Or do I need bigger?

This is the amp I was looking at...

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/show...tnumber=300-793

Well thanks for the help. I think cost to performance a DIY is the way I want to go. Worst case I could sell it.

Jesse Sharrow
Colorado
Local Date and Time:
March 19th, 2004
08:17 AM

Damn. I was just reading up on Adire Audio's website. I am now kinda interested in the Maelstrom 18". It looks like in one of their enclosure designs that is has a nice flat response for music. But can drop down stupid low. For an 18" sub is this a pretty accurate driver? Becuase as I said before I want it to be musically accurate. But I do listen to alot of movies too.

Ron,

I think it you would have a better chance of growing a third eye than having Jesse commit to buying that sub. I can see the post now. Should I buy a B-Stock PC Ultra or wait until I am in depends to purchase a new one. Just my opinion Ron, but I think a restraining order may be in your future :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.