What's new

How do you watch TV? (1 Viewer)

JeanPaul

Grip
Was just wondering what reciever settings you all use when watching TV (basic cable, news, ESPN, MTV, HBO...) I seem to be switching around from DSP settings (TV Logic)to PLII to stereo. Any "right" answer?

BrentPollard

Second Unit
That sounds about right. As there are so many qualities of broadcast signal picking just one is not going to work very well. For me DPL II cinema works for most brodcasts but I don't have TV logic so I have no Idea what that would sound like.:)

Jim Rakowiecki

Stunt Coordinator
Usually in the recliner but sometimes on the couch and if I'm feeling saucy I watch TV in bed. All depends on how I feel.

Erik*R

Agent
I usually watch with the tv on. :D
Seriously I just decided to get rid of cable after adding up how much cable tv I watched in 2 months = less than 2 hours. Definitely not worth $60 an hour. Too many good dvds is my problem I guess. :)

Nathan Eddy

Second Unit
I like DPII in music mode. I like to turn Panorama on and adjust the dimension paramater, neither of which seem to be available in the movie mode.

I don't watch cable, either. Too expensive, too little worth watching. I actually watch--you won't believe this--broadcast network TV stations! I watch news, Scrubs, Kingdom Hospital, little else. Yet, I'm still amazed that my receiver can split up these signals and send music/sound effects to the rear channels, while leaving the voices and "main" sounds to the front. DPII is pretty freaking cool.

JeanPaul

Grip
Thanks everyone!

It seems like each has their own, of course. PLII is great when the signal is good. Various DSP modes seem to distort the sound too much. And like Jim, I prefer to recline on my couch when watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks