What's new

Help choosing sub! (1 Viewer)

ColinW

Agent
Hi all - I am in the market for a new sub. I have a modest theatre, running a Polk 6200 satellite system powered by a Kenwood VR509 amp. I was using a Polk PSW250 8" sub but it recently crapped out and is not under warranty anymore, so I am using this an excuse to upgrade.

I would love to go the SVS route, but the prices are out of my ballpark and it would be overkill for my theatre anyway. I am looking for something that would provide good performance on a tight budget.

I remember a few years ago when I was putting this theatre together people were keen on a Sony sub, but I don't remember any details. Which sub would work well with my satellite system in place now?

I am in Canada and would prefer to buy from within the country if possible.

Thanks for any and all help.

Colin

Yousaf

Second Unit
A Hsu VTF-2 or STF-2 or the Adire Rava would all be significant steps up from what you have now, and would come in at $400 USD. I think there are Canadian Adire dealers but don't hold me to that.

eryn shannon

Stunt Coordinator
Here in canada we get really good prices on our canadien speakers. Have a listen to the athena as-p400 $499cdn and if your willing to spend a little more the PSB sub5I $599cdn. Both good 10" subs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks