Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

STAR TREK- TMP: Overture included?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 of 23 OFFLINE   Scott Strang

Scott Strang

Screenwriter

• 1,133 posts

Posted November 04 2001 - 11:44 AM

Okay, now I'm getting worried.

In the past I've mentioned on this forum how bad the audio is on the Right Stuff DVD and on the newly re-released widescreen version of Airport.

I'm bothered by the low number of people that seem to hear this; people that I would think know better. Are some of these same people saying that the new Star Trek TMP DVD sounds great? To me the sound quality on The Right Stuff and Airport is far from acceptable. Hopefully this won't be the case with this new Star Trek DVD.

I will cry if it is.

#22 of 23 OFFLINE   Kevin Matthews

Kevin Matthews

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted November 04 2001 - 11:02 PM

Scott don't worry the new DD track is nowhere near the tinny quality of The Right Stuff.
In regards to the LD's PCM track I always felt that the bass was WAY over emphasized on that track, the new track is much more refined as it should have been had the original sound mixers been given enough time (they were not).
However having said that I have to agree with Kevin M that the music is rather subdued or "muffled" in the spots he pointed out and in a few he didn't, it isn't as bad as all that but if you have the LD or CD soundtrack to compare it with you will notice.
Nonetheless this is a GREAT SE and well worth the money.

------------------

Kevin Matthews

No sir....I don't like it! - M. Horse
Kevin Matthews

Now in SPECTACULAR SMELL-O-RAMA!!

#23 of 23 OFFLINE   Scott Strang

Scott Strang

Screenwriter

• 1,133 posts

Posted November 06 2001 - 04:04 AM

quote:

Scott don't worry the new DD track is nowhere near the tinny quality of The Right Stuff.
[/quote]

Tinny is an understatement. I mean it had a wierd flanging sound to during Glenn's first flight. That absolutely pissed me off. Posted Image

The old P&S version of Airport has better sound than the new widescreen version.

What the hell is it with some of these mastering jobs?

[Edited last by Scott Strang on November 06, 2001 at 11:06 AM]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users