Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Boston Acoustics PV900

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   PaulDA

PaulDA

Screenwriter

• 2,582 posts
  • LocationSt. Hubert, Quebec, Canada

Posted March 14 2004 - 10:01 AM

Anyone heard one/own one? Because of other factors (unrelated to my speakers/sub), my dealer is upgrading me to this from the baby BA PV500 (which I'd intended to install in my secondary system). Specs seem to roughly compare to the smallest SVS box sub (which I was thinking of getting for my primary system). I'm not claiming that it's better than SVS, or even as good. I'm simply curious as to anyone's experience with PV900. I've auditioned the 700 and liked it so I assume I'll like the 900.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes time, and it annoys the pig.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   PaulDA

PaulDA

Screenwriter

• 2,582 posts
  • LocationSt. Hubert, Quebec, Canada

Posted March 15 2004 - 12:42 AM

Well, if no one owns one or has heard one, I guess when mine arrives I'll post a review. (Though I have a hard time believing that I'm the ONLY one to have one of these subs).
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes time, and it annoys the pig.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Nathan Stohler

Nathan Stohler

Second Unit

• 329 posts

Posted March 15 2004 - 12:49 AM

I own a PV700, but you've already auditioned it, so I probably wouldn't be of much help Posted Image I originally bought the PV500 but decided to return it to upgrade to the PV700, just because I didn't think 38 Hz was low enough.

Please let us know what you think of the PV900.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor

• 745 posts

Posted March 15 2004 - 01:43 AM

The only thing I have heard is that some people at my shop, dont like the boston subs. When I was looking at subs I asked about the PV-1000 and they didnt even like that. Blah, Blah, Blah... whatever. LOL. If you liked the 700 you will love the 900. I can gauentee(sp). If you dont boston did something wrong. Posted Image