What's new

Futurama vol 3-empty box! (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Just opened my copy of Futurama vol 3 last night to find four pristine, completely empty thinpacks. Can't say that I've ever heard of this happening, and I'm really not looking forward to tring to exchange it. Has anyone else had this problem?

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Yikes! You're near me! ;)

Luckily I ordered mine from Amazon...I may yet be safe (it arrives on Monday).

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Actually, the set was a gift, and was bought at a Toronto Blockbuster location. Went back in today, and found out that the other copy the store had was also empty. Might be something to keep an eye out for...

Galen_V

Second Unit
Mine had the discs in it, but the little clear part of the outer case is basically coming off in the inside, to the point where you cannot fit the inner tray back in. :thumbsdown:

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
That's definitely a new one on me, but I'm happy to have gotten my set completely with no defects.

4 empty cases...wow

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
First set I got had two disc three's and no disc one. Seems like Fox is having issues with thinpack releases-I recall Firefly having issues as well.

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
My first thought was shrinkwrap scam. You know the kinda of new age version of shoplifting? But we talking dvds here that have tons of labels and stickers on other side. You really have to be pro reshrinking that! hmm. very odd

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim

I had something similar happen with Back To The Future Trilogy. It had one copy of the first movie and 2 copies of the second.

I read a post some time ago about missing discs and that person was having a very difficult time getting the store to give him a good set.

So, Chris, were you able to get a good set?

JimmyK

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

My BTTF had two copies of Part 2 and one Part 3, no original film. :frowning:

WillG

Senior HTF Member
When Costco brought back the Fox 2-Disc S.E.s I bought a copy of "The Abyss" that had no 2nd Disc in it. But they let me grab another copy with no problem.

One time I ordered the E.R. first season set online and on disc-2, a DVD-18, it was "Side B" on both sides of the disc. I got the retailer to send me another copy and that had the same defect. They eventually had to find me a good copy by opening it up and confirming the defect was not present.

Paul.G

Agent
Thats crazy! I've once bought a box set of an anime where I got two of the same disc, but never had discs completely missing before.

A side note: Did anyone manage to get a Futurama Season 3 DVD without the bottom being crushed? Every copy in my local Best Buy has had some pretty bad wrinkles on the bottom :frowning:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
ARGH! I just started watching my discs and just noticed that I have disc 1, 2, 4, and a duplicate 4!!!! :angry: The case for disc 2 had disc 4 in it! :angry:

Damn it!

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
My X-Files season 8 DVD Boxset had all Bonus discs. I was near crying. I live in Northern Ireland and had it to order it from amazon.com
But they were great i have to say. I emailed them as soon as i was aware of the problem, and withn 4 days I had a new set with all the proper discs. I shipped the bonus disc set back to them and they refunded me.
Great service.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Ryan, I have to agree with your sentiments. I just emailed Amazon and they are sending me a self-addressed box to return the set and they are crediting my account. :emoji_thumbsup:

I was worried since their return policy is that returns must be unopened and within 30 days of purchase. Since I bought the discs over a month ago and the box was opened, I was worried that I'd have to call Fox and ask for a replacement.

But I guess Amazon is treating this as "Defective Merchandise" and is allowing me to return it. Hopefully my next purchase will be better.

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
Glad to hear thta Mark. They are excellent with retruns. Last year I orderd a few James Bond soundtracks, the new re-masterd versions. Anyway, 2 of the CD's came with different cd's in them, ie, i orderd a view to a kill and it arribed, but when i opned the box i got the from russia with love cd. They sent out 2 new ones right away, and said I could keep the wrong items and there was no need to send them back.
I was well pleased.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I guess we've turned this into an Amazon appreciation thread :D

I ordered Casper (Widescreen) when it came out and got the Fullframe version. Amazons site was great because I was able to print out a postage paid return label from their site and had the disc in the mail the following day with no cost to me.

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
Well I've never had a set that didn't have the discs, but I got the only copy of Buffy Season 1 at my local Wal-Mart and Disc 3 wouldn't play at all. So I went to return it and since they didn't have anymore I was told to take it home and come back later to see if they had anymore in. At the time Season 4 had just came out and I was thinking getting another Season 1 wasn't going to happen. I kept bringing it back after the theird time they told me the same thing. So I said well I've bought it back 3 times, everytime I'm told I have to wait but I just want to know if you're going to ever get anymore in. After I said that they checked to see if they had any more or if they would be getting more. They weren't so I was allowed to trade it in for Will & Grace Season 1.

Funny thing is about two weeks after that I got Three To Tango and it would stop when it had like 3 minutes of the movie left. When I returned it they were out. Without checking they gave me a refund!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks