-

Photo
- - - - -

Any word on S.W.A.T season 2?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 of 17 OFFLINE   ScottDombrowski

ScottDombrowski

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted March 13 2004 - 12:08 AM

I don't ever remember seeing this show when I was a kid, but I picked it up to watch with the recent first season release of Starsky and Hutch to sort of have a 70s night ( I need to add Charlie's Angels to this lineup!). Anyway, I've been pleasantly surprised to find that I'm really enjoying it! I have a feeling that this probably wasn't a big seller, but I hope I'm wrong. Any word on season 2? I know it was about a year between releases of Charlie's Angels and other Columbia Tristar shows, and I see that S.W.A.T came out in June of last year, so it hasn't been a year yet. Although it was released, I'm sure, just to tie-in with the big screen remake. Anyway, just wondering. I'm also having a blast seeing Starsky and Hutch again after many years and really hoping more seasons are released of this show too! I hate to think that if they do release more that I'll have to wait a year!!

#2 of 17 OFFLINE   Chad R

Chad R

Screenwriter

• 2,174 posts

Posted March 13 2004 - 08:26 AM

Was there a second season of S.W.A.T.? I thought it was only one season.

#3 of 17 OFFLINE   Mike Gariepy

Mike Gariepy

Stunt Coordinator

• 109 posts

Posted March 13 2004 - 09:18 AM

There were two seasons of S.W.A.T., with a total of 37 episodes for the two seasons.
Episode 37 was never aired.

Nothing anounced that I could find from Sony on the realease of season 2, nor is it in their published "Tv on DVD' line-up that goes until May 18th.

All we can do is keep our hopes up. Posted Image

#4 of 17 OFFLINE   peggy

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted March 13 2004 - 12:39 PM

Right now I am the leader of a group that is trying to get Columbia-Tristar to release the second season of SWAT on dvd. I took my cue from the fans of Charlie's Angels and on my website I have an icon that you can click to send an e-mail to Columbia-Tristar asking them to release the second season on dvd. So far we have received replies from Columbia-Tristar thanking us for our interest and telling us that they are looking at all possibilities right now. It is a form letter but we are just hoping they are keeping track of the interest.

I don't know the rules here about posting website URL's so I won't post mine. Howvever I can tell you that you can e-mail Columbia-Tristar at

CTHV_customerservice@spe.sony.com

and let them know you are interested in the second season of SWAT. I have a few of the episodes on tape from the second season and I have to say it was even better than the first season.

#5 of 17 OFFLINE   Shane_Anthony

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted March 13 2004 - 10:48 PM

Thanks for the link Peggy I sent another e-mail

#6 of 17 OFFLINE   ScottDombrowski

ScottDombrowski

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted March 14 2004 - 01:36 AM

Yes, thanks Peggy--I've sent an e-mail too!

#7 of 17 OFFLINE   Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts

Posted March 14 2004 - 03:06 AM

Shouldn't be difficult them for them to make almost as much money off a second season release -- especially since it's the last one. It would also instill more confidence in Columbia from the buying public. If they can't give us both seasons of this show, what shows will be discontinued next?

I think S.W.A.T. did well at the box office. You can hope for a movie sequel and the subsequent tie-in to finish up the series on DVD!

#8 of 17 OFFLINE   ScottDombrowski

ScottDombrowski

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted March 14 2004 - 03:26 AM

That's true--I hadn't thought of a movie sequel! I agree with Dane though, it's only one more season to put out! Thinking about it, maybe the first season did sell fairly well--there seem to be a lot of people who bought the 70s greatest cop shows set, and Charlie's Angels and Starsky And Hutch seem to be selling well too.

#9 of 17 OFFLINE   peggy

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted March 14 2004 - 03:59 AM

From what I have read there won't be a movie sequel, at least not with those actors but I am sure for the right price.Posted Image

There was talk of making another tv show based from the movie which was based on the first series for fall 2004, but I think that has been delayed.

I have to agree with only two seasons it would certainly instill confidence to see Columbia put out all the seasons of a show.

I appreciate all of you that have sent in an e-mail to Columbia-Tristar.

#10 of 17 OFFLINE   Wvtvguy

Wvtvguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 107 posts

Posted July 13 2010 - 10:49 PM

Anthing new here?

#11 of 17 OFFLINE   peggy

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted July 17 2010 - 01:58 PM

I wish there was some news about the second season of S.W.A.T. especially since you can no longer find the episodes online anywhere. I wish that was a sign that they were going to put it out on DVD but I have a feeling it isn't.

#12 of 17 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,322 posts

Posted July 18 2010 - 11:45 PM

i feel your pain as well. I like to see them released the S2, but, i have about given up hope considering it has been 7+ years since the S1 came out. S1 only came out for the movie at the time. It would be good tribute to Robert Ullrich if the show came out with the completion of VEGAS as well.

#13 of 17 OFFLINE   peggy

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted July 28 2010 - 08:33 AM

Wow I am really behind but I just found out they are making a SWAT 2 movie. It is suppose to be a sequel to the first movie but has all new characters. However everything I read states it is a sequel and based on the 70's tv show so maybe there is a tiny hope that the second season of the tv series will be released.

#14 of 17 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,322 posts

Posted July 28 2010 - 09:26 AM

i did not think the first SWAT movie was that great. So, i am surprised that the second movie is coming out. However, that could mean the final season could be coming out. I guess we will have to wait and see.

#15 of 17 OFFLINE   Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted July 28 2010 - 09:57 AM

the SWAT movie made $116 million in the US. The bigger question is why they waited 7 years for the second film. they do need to finish it up.

come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#16 of 17 OFFLINE   peggy

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted July 28 2010 - 12:03 PM

I thought the SWAT movie was pretty good but just not anything like the tv series outside of using a few of the characters names.  However I am for anything that gets the second season of the tv show released.

#17 of 17 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,322 posts

Posted July 31 2010 - 10:36 AM

i guess it is a matter of opinion about tv shows being converted to movies. I much rather remember the shows for what they were then trying to have them re-created with a bad script and acting. I watch 5 mins of Land of Lost/Jeannie/Dukes of Hazzard/Starsky & Hutch and then shut it off. I was very disgusted with the script and the acting.