What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: "In America" (with screenshots): HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Folks,

I received a screener of this film a month
ago and had the opportunity to watch it one
evening.

I loved this film so much that I'm making it
my mission to make sure every single one of you
watches In America.

Do WHATEVER is necessary to see this film.

It's extremely special!

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the review, Adam. I'm looking forward to this one even more than I was before, nice to hear that the commentary is top-notch. And don't those menus look great? If only I could say the same about the cover!

Sebastian_A

Stunt Coordinator
Adam, nice review, but: why not put "RECOMMENDED" in the subject line, so more people go out and get it!?! ;)

I had the opportunity to watch this with the director being there for q&a's, and it was a fascinating evening!

Loved the film and it surely is a story that comes from the heart!

Highly Recommended!

Seb

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
It looks like May is shaping up to be an expensive month for me. I am anxious to see this movie.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Right, Dome, one of the best from last year. Just after ROTK, Kill Bill, and City of God, it was in my top 4 or 5.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

Ron,

No need to worry here. I saw this movie the day it came to my neck of the woods.

I loved this movie. Everyone in it was excellent, especially Sarah Bolger.

I don't have a problem admitting that I cried at this movie. I won't spoil the reason, but I'll just say that it was in relation to someone doing a good deed for a fellow human being. Those who have seen it will know what I'm talking about.

I had this movie at #3 behind #1 LOTR:ROTK and #2 Matrix: Reloaded/Revolutions.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I just added HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to the
thread title.

I hope Adam doesn't mind.

As I said, this is one film I want to bring to the
attention of the masses. We will be promoting this
film in our Fox DVD banner area shortly.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
This was my number one film of the year last year. I can't wait to own it on DVD. It's absolute travesty this didn't reach more people in theatres. This film is comparable to Shawshank Redemption. I think it's going to discover an equally mind boggling number of people and faithful adhereants on video.

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
This film was critic Richard Roeper's top pick from last year also

I didn't see it myself but I'm gonna check it out based on all this good word of mouth :emoji_thumbsup:

Mission accomplished Ron! :D

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter

When isn't May an expensive month? Every May in the past few years has had at least 10 new releases I wanted.

This year so far in May I'll be getting (I'm sure more will be announced):

DEFINITES:

The Last Samurai
Loverboy
In America
X-Files S9 (and S8 which I never got)
Good Bad Ugly SE
Sex And The City S6 Pt.1
ST: Voyager S2
West Wing S2
Wyatt Earp SE
Buffy S6
LOTR:ROTK

MAYBES:

Elephant
Three's Company S2
The Fog Of War
Saving Private Ryan D-Day Ed. (depends on A/V reviews)

June isn't going to be any easier!

DanaA

Screenwriter
Great review!!! This is one of the DVD releases that I look MOST forward to. I will be in line Tuesday on its release. Gonna be hard to wait though, so I'll have to push it out of mind until the date approaches.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
This movie is an absolute must, and definitely in my top picks from last year.

I went to see this in the theatre when it finally came to my area, but actually almost went to see it at an advance screening in Chicago while we visted there last Thanksgiving. Sadly, we just couldn't seem to find the time to make the trek to the downtown theatre where it was playing.

My interest in the film came through the music. I'm an avid fan of The Corrs, the Irish sibling group, and their lead singer, Andrea Corr, was chosen to sing the main theme from this movie. It plays over the end credits.

I was rewarded with not only an interesting music score, but an exceptionally good film to boot.

Harry

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
A great story with some terrific acting, easily in my top ten for 2003.

I'll be pre-ordering this one. The only trouble is the street date is still two months away!

Rob

Joe Schwartz

Second Unit
Thanks for the review, Adam. It's still playing here in Albany (at the Spectrum), so I went to see it today. I wouldn't call it a must-see, but it was quite enjoyable, and those girls are absolutely adorable.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I saw this the first weekend it unspooled here, and it is indeed one of the best films of the year. Very strong, emotional story with great acting (especially the two girls.) It's a must see and I can't wait to own it. Thanks for the review.

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit

Of course not. I am glad you put that one there.

I am just leary of putting that Highly Recommended title to DVD's.... there was some controversy a ways back on one of my reviews that had it.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Well, Ron hasn't let me down yet, so I will make an extra special effort to see it as soon as it comes out!

But May 11th...that'll be a wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks