How was Conan on the commentary?

Paul

#82 of 87 MarkHughes

MarkHughes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted June 11 2004 - 04:49 PM

He does his basic silliness... but it livens up a lot of dry Groening humor.
Peace, Love, and Homer Simpson to Y'all!!!

--M

Mark's Movie CollectionThe King of Loop Holes !!!

#83 of 87 Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts

Posted June 11 2004 - 05:04 PM

One editing note: "Marge Gets a Job" features altered dialogue. During the original broadcast, Mrs. Krabapple cites Tourette's Syndrome as one of the disorders Bart claims to have to get out of his test. On later airings, this was changed to "rabies" for reasons unexplained on the commentary, though apparently due to complaints. Unfortunately, "rabies" remains the term used on the DVD, even though Bart still mutters "Tourette's Syndrome" under his breath after she leaves.

I'm sure it had to have been people who have Tourette's complaining that it was unfair.

I remember seeing a news story on this. I think there was some kid with T.S. that complained.

#84 of 87 Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,169 posts

Posted June 11 2004 - 05:35 PM

Quote:
I could swear it was Tourette's in syndication.

Well, I can't guarantee that it didn't EVER appear as "Tourette's" in syndication, but I'm pretty sure it didn't. I don't recall if I first saw "rabies" in syndication or when they initially reran the episode. Dunno why I'd bother to watch it in syndication, as I already had it on tape. However, I DID used to watch the initial network reairings, as a few episodes differed - they had footage not seen the first time - so I think it was already changed for the second network broadcast...
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#85 of 87 Geoff_D

Geoff_D

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted June 11 2004 - 09:18 PM

Quote:
...it's at the bottom of the screen. You can select to play all with commentary on or off.

I initially tried this, but after the animated bit nothing happened so I thought it was just an option to turn the commentaries on or off, hence the moan in my post above. I've since tried it again, and it works fine.

"I call the big one Bitey." Posted Image

#86 of 87 WillG

WillG

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,213 posts

Posted June 12 2004 - 03:50 AM

I know that in the Homer Defined episode there was alternate dialogue used. Before the plant is about to meltdown, Burns says "Well, I guess all I can do is kiss my sweet ass goodbye" There is an alternate version where he says "Well, I guess all I can do is kiss my sweet butt goodbye." I could swear that I have heard both versions used in syndication. So maybe the dialogue variations do flip flop from time to time.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#87 of 87 PeterKelly

PeterKelly

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted June 14 2004 - 05:41 AM

Those would be my pictures originally from DVDFile. Glad you like them. I managed to get the set on the first day of June. I'm suprised no one copied the menu pictures over, they really are an improvement over S3. Enjoy the sets tomorrow
2009 Academy Award Nominated Documentary Feature THE BETRAYAL on DVD September 1.
Loaded with Special Features!  Pre-order or add to your Netflix Queue!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow