Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Movie Soundtracks

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 of 35 OFFLINE   Amadeus19

Amadeus19

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted September 10 2010 - 10:43 AM

Neil,   Unfortunately, no, it did not have cues from Bear McCreary's score.

#22 of 35 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 18,322 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted September 29 2010 - 09:10 PM

Wait, so the best soundtrack I've heard in years, Fernando Velazquez's Devil, doesn't get released as a CD or on iTunes or Amazon?  THIS IS PATHETIC =(

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

HTF Rules

Classified Sales Rules

UV Sales New Clarifications

#23 of 35 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,937 posts

Posted September 30 2010 - 04:54 PM

There is nothing more disappointing that hearing a wonderful score and not being able to find it because it hasn't been released. A few years ago I discovered a film called Cashback - a magnificant film that I highly recommend - and the score (by Guy Farley) was not available. It was commerically released (very limited) sometime after I discovered the film, but I hate it when a great score isn't given an opportunity to find an audience.  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Posten /forum/thread/169924/movie-soundtracks#post_3734322 Wait, so the best soundtrack I've heard in years, Fernando Velazquez's Devil, doesn't get released as a CD or on iTunes or Amazon?  THIS IS PATHETIC =(

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#24 of 35 OFFLINE   tubmanaxton

tubmanaxton

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 20 2010 - 03:41 AM

Movie soundtracks could make or break the film. Music has been accompanying movies since 1892, but really exploded post World War II when it developed pop and classical movie soundtrack subgenres. What would the movie Jaws have been like without its chilling orchestral movie music? Movie songs not only set the mood of a film, they can produce intense emotional reactions in theatergoers.

VLC Download

#25 of 35 OFFLINE   leegrace

leegrace

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted December 04 2010 - 02:05 AM

I have:   Trainspotting Control Stand By Me Saturday Night Fever Grease My Best Friends Wedding Transformers Twilight Pretty in Pink Avatar Say Anything That Thing You Do Gladiator Dumb and Dumber All have awesome music! A Clockwork Orange Singin' In The Rain A Nightmare Before Christmas Forrest Gump

#26 of 35 OFFLINE   Corwin

Corwin

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted December 14 2010 - 11:56 PM

Wow nice collection ....I liked all f these . have a Good idea .

#27 of 35 OFFLINE   Corwin

Corwin

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted December 14 2010 - 11:57 PM

nice collection shared .......I liked this all. Thanks a lot to share it .

#28 of 35 OFFLINE   rich_d

rich_d

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted August 21 2013 - 04:15 PM

There is nothing more disappointing that hearing a wonderful score and not being able to find it because it hasn't been released. A few years ago I discovered a film called Cashback - a magnificant film that I highly recommend - and the score (by Guy Farley) was not available. It was commerically released (very limited) sometime after I discovered the film, but I hate it when a great score isn't given an opportunity to find an audience.

3 years late in response, but the Cashback Soundtrack is available from Amazon. 

#29 of 35 OFFLINE   Emanuel1

Emanuel1

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted August 29 2013 - 11:18 PM

[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]The best of all time would be : Speak Softly Love (Love Theme from The Godfather) by Andy Williams[/color]
[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]second best one would be the end title from Scent of a woman by Thomas Newman[/color]

#30 of 35 OFFLINE   swoosherst

swoosherst

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 03:48 PM

LOTR , Hunger Games

#31 of 35 OFFLINE   Brenty

Brenty

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted August 22 2014 - 02:26 AM

Got too many to mention but gotta give some love to my fave score in years: Michael Giacchino's moving masterwork for John Carter.

Brenton Film: the past, present and future of silent film

#32 of 35 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 18,322 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted January 14 2015 - 10:17 AM

OUCH!

dvYThYz.jpg

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

HTF Rules

Classified Sales Rules

UV Sales New Clarifications

#33 of 35 OFFLINE   Quatermass II

Quatermass II

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted April 27 2015 - 06:25 AM

Been a soundtrack collector since my early teens (fifty years ago), first on vinyl, of course (many of which are now lost, unfortunately), and then CD.  I mean to count them someday, but there must be hundreds.  Favourites?  Too many to name, but I lean towards the fifties and sixties scores - those of Tiomkin, Rozsa and Herrmann, North, Harline and Bernstein.  I like a lot of Jerry Goldsmith's early scores - Stagecoach, Rio Conchos, Chinatown, etc, but not so much the later ones.  It's always nice to see some of the 'lost' fifties and sixties scores appearing on CD now.  Latest purchase is Herrmann's score for Beneath The Twelve-Mile Reef.

#34 of 35 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,937 posts

Posted April 27 2015 - 09:19 AM

Been a soundtrack collector since my early teens (fifty years ago), first on vinyl, of course (many of which are now lost, unfortunately), and then CD. I mean to count them someday, but there must be hundreds. Favourites? Too many to name, but I lean towards the fifties and sixties scores - those of Tiomkin, Rozsa and Herrmann, North, Harline and Bernstein. I like a lot of Jerry Goldsmith's early scores - Stagecoach, Rio Conchos, Chinatown, etc, but not so much the later ones. It's always nice to see some of the 'lost' fifties and sixties scores appearing on CD now. Latest purchase is Herrmann's score for Beneath The Twelve-Mile Reef.

Some fine favorite composers there - I've recently been in a Rozsa mood, endlessly spinning his The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes. Such a wonderful score.

I recently inventoried my CD collection, and I am just shy of 1500 scores, with James Horner, Jerry Goldsmith and John Williams topping the list of most owned scores. I recently picked up the new release of Goldsmith's The Challenge (released by Lalaland Records last year,) and it's another great Goldsmith invention!
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#35 of 35 OFFLINE   Quatermass II

Quatermass II

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted April 27 2015 - 10:15 AM

I've been giving some thought to which scores actually are my favourites, so I've based my choice on those I seem to play most often.  So:  Johnny Green's score for Raintree County; Dimitri Tiomkin's Land of the Pharaohs, The War Wagon and Rio Bravo; Jerry Goldsmith's The List of Adrian Messenger, Stagecoach, Rio Conchos, The Sand Pebbles and The Blue Max; Leigh Harline's Broken Lance, Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm and House of Bamboo; Miklos Rozsa's The Red House, Green Fire, El Cid and The Thief of Bagdad; George Antheil's The Pride and the Passion; Elmer Bernstein's The Comancheros, Bridge at Remagen, True Grit, Walk on the Wild Side and Some Came Running;  Les Baxter's Goliath and the Barbarians, Master of the World and Fall of the House of Usher; Ennio Morricone's Mission To Mars; Jerry Fielding's Advise and Consent; James Horner's Brainstorm; Hugo Freidhofer's Best Years of Our lives and One Eyed Jacks; Alex North's Cleopatra and Spartacus;  Bronislau Kaper's Mutiny on the Bounty and The Way West.  Tangerine Dream's The Keep; Mario Nascimbene's Barabbas and Bernard Herrman's Taxi Driver.

Truth is, I like 'em all I guess - it's why I bought them in first place!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users