Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Metal Arms, Buffy Chaos Bleeds, and Mace Griffin Free (with rebate)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Scott_lb

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor

• 592 posts

Posted March 10 2004 - 09:35 AM

Just a heads up - EBGames (both their internet site and their b&m stores) are offering "Metal Arms: A Glitch in the System", "Buffy: Chaos Bleeds", and "Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter" for $9.99 each. When you combine that price with the Vivendi $10.00 rebate, you can get each of them for free. I think this offer only applies to the Xbox versions, but I could be mistaken. I picked up Buffy for myself.
"My name is El Nino which in spanish means.... The Nino!" - Chris Farley

#2 of 6 BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted March 10 2004 - 10:19 AM

Metal Arms is $29.99 currently, the other two are $9.99.
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#3 of 6 Andrew Testa

Andrew Testa

Second Unit

• 263 posts

Posted March 11 2004 - 05:22 AM

The GameCube version of Metal Arms is $19.99, but I saw no mention on the VU games site of any rebates for either the GC or Xbox. Where's the information on rebates?

#4 of 6 Scott_lb

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor

• 592 posts

Posted March 13 2004 - 05:42 AM

As I understand it, the rebate information can be found at one of two places:

1. I've seen some copies of "Buffy" at Gamestop with the $10.00 rebate sticking right on the cover of the game (I didn't buy it at Gamestop because they were charging $19.99 instead of $9.99). My copy, however, had no such rebate on the outside or inside of the case.

2. A great website called www.dealrush.com has some links posted to the rebate. However, when I print out the rebate coupon, it specifically states "no facsimilies".

I'm going to email the person at dealrush and see if he/she has any info. Who ever runs the site seems to be pretty knowledgable about good deals, and I'm pretty sure he/she could provide some insight into this.

Also, you are correct. I misread the posting at Dealrush and Metal Arms is indeed more expensive than the other two games. My bad!

#5 of 6 Scott_lb

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor

• 592 posts

Posted March 13 2004 - 12:15 PM

Here's the reply I got from the webmaster of dealrush:

"The form hosted on the site will be accepted. Despite, the "no facsimilies" message on the form, it came from a retailer who received it directly from Vivendi to give to customers."

#6 of 6 Andrew Testa

Andrew Testa

Second Unit

• 263 posts

Posted March 15 2004 - 05:54 AM

Thanks Scott. And thanks for the link to Dealrush!

Andy