Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

What's the best mail order rental option, like Netflix?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Russell Volz

Russell Volz

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted March 09 2004 - 03:37 PM

We haven't watched TV since 1981, so I'm really enjoying the DVDs on our new HT front projector system. I want to rent the DVD first and if I like it, then buy the DVD later. Two questions: 1. What is the best on-line DVD rental company? 2. What is the best on-line DVD purchase company? Thanks, Russell

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins

Screenwriter

• 1,765 posts

Posted March 10 2004 - 08:57 AM

With the new lower-prices for preorders, free shipping, and sponsorship of HTF, I'd have to say Laser's Edge.

Jeff

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted March 10 2004 - 09:22 AM

If you order from Laser's Edge though, use this link so that the HTF gets credit for directing you to their site.
Kyle McKnight

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   jon_ad

jon_ad

Stunt Coordinator

• 62 posts

Posted March 12 2004 - 04:47 AM

I've used both Walmart dvd rentals and NetFlix. I think that Netflix is the better with more available titles and the ability to get a lot of titles that Walmart won't carry-ie more independent films.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Sami Kallio

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter

• 1,035 posts

Posted March 12 2004 - 05:45 AM

I haven't used Walmart but a few friend have. The problem is their distribution centers are not local like in most cases with Netflix. That adds a day or two for the delivery and return times. With Netflix, when I put the return envelope in mailbox Monday, I will have a replacement disc by Wednesday.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted March 12 2004 - 06:46 AM

Depending on where you live, and how important speed and cost are to you, you might want to check out Greencine, which is the one I use.
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users