What's new

WB Chats TV Shows on DVD (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I just wanted to talk about last nights WB Chat specifically the questions asked about Tv Shows on DVD. First here is a list of everything that was talked about.

TV SHOWS

Coming in 2004

- Batman: The Animated Series (1992-1995) [Box sets]
- E.R. Season 3
- Superman: The Animated Series (1996-2000) [Box sets]
- Teen Titans (2003-current) [Box sets]
- Wonder Woman (1976-1979)

Coming in 2005

- Miss Marple series

Being worked on - No date

- Everwood (2002-current)
- The O.C. (2003-current)
- Superfriends [No specifics if box sets or not]
- V (1984-1985)

In discussion for release, but no plans

- Animaniacs (1993-1998)
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990-1996)
- Knot's Landing (1979-1993)
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (1993-1997)
- Mad TV (1995-current)
- Night Court (1984-1992)
- Pinky and the Brain (1995-1998)

No plans for release at this time

- The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. (1993-1994)
- ALF (1986-1990)
- Beetlejuice (1989-1991)
- Birds of Prey (1973)
- Brimstone (1998-1999)
- Bucky O'Hare (1992)
- CNN's Cold War (1998)
- Fish Police (1992)
- The Flash (1990-1991)
- Freddy's Nightmares (1988-1990)
- Growing Pains (1985-1992)
- Justice League (2001-current) [16x9; box sets]
- Off Centre (2001-2003)
- Perfect Strangers (1986-1993)
- Run of the House (2003-current)
- Thundercats (1985-1987)
- Xiaolin Showdown (2003-current)

First I love that WB be comes and does a Q&A with us that is really cool because it lets us ask our most wanted questionsd and it gives them a chance to know what the consumers want. I wish there could have been more questions asked though. While I'm happy that Fresh Prince and Mad TV are being discussed i'm deeply saddened that my favourite show Brimstone has no plans at the momennt and i'm hoping that WB will eventually do it.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Grrr. This one would be a license to print money. Not a lot of money, granted, but the show has an extremely devoted fanbase that would eat it up.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I love all the Bruce Timm stuff that is coming! :emoji_thumbsup:
Now if they would only release Justice League in season sets, too. :frowning:

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I'm surprised that "Thundercats", a big childhood favorite of mine, is owned by the WB. Its too bad that they are not considering releasing it at this time, but the WB does change their minds on these things. Last year, they said they weren't considering releasing Batman and Superman in season sets, but now they will. Perhaps Rhino can persuade WB to give up the rights.

Rick P

Supporting Actor

Are these people mad? Fans have been clamoring for this, even Bruce Campbell said that the series was going to be released (back in 2002), yet they continue to ignore this?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Another vote for Brisco. This is one of the shows that I would buy in a heartbeat. Cmon Warner!

Jason

Real Name
Anthony
Looking back at the last Warners chat, they were really positive about RHODA being released. What happened with that ?

Jari

Stunt Coordinator
Yes we need Brisco and Bruce! What's the thing with this rumor that Bruce recorded some audio commentaries for the set and Anchor Bay was supposed to release it?

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
Batman, Superman, and Teen Titans sets! YES! Wonder Woman is also cool.

Great to see Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain being discussed! I really hope that they are released!

No plans for Perfect Strangers or ALF? :frowning:

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
Okay. I loved ALF when I was a tot. I caught a few reruns once on Nick At Nite... Loved it.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Here's something you should know about Warner Bros:

They don't license material out.

Anchor Bay would LOVE to release the show on DVD, but they can't get the rights.

I'm a Bruce Campbell fan and I'd love to see Brisco County on DVD. I bring it up ALL the time when I talk to them. In fact, someone from the chat accused me of planting that question last night ;) I'm slowly wearing them down (I think).

Gord

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Gord have you talked to them about Brimstone? I know you said before it's really unlikely but judging from what I saw ast your site and from various Brimstone websites I'm sure there would be plenty of people who would buy Brimstone. It probably is a hopeless cause I know but I'd kill to have Warner Bros release Brimstone.

JohnAP

Second Unit
I think they also said no to Pirates of Dark Water, which is disappointing, though not surprising.

Rick P

Supporting Actor

Hey Gord... you heard anything from Anchor Bay on MAYBE 'Jack of All Trades'???? Given their relationship with Bruce & Sam Rami it would (seem to be) a NO BRAINER.

(oh ghod.. I've got the theme song in my head..)

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
I'm so disappointed about Perfect Strangers. :frowning: If only Warner had added an "at this time" when they said "no plans to release". Then I'd have a little hope....

I really don't understand the reluctance to release a popular TV series that lasted for so many seasons... that so many people still remember... and would no doubt squeal and pick up if they saw the DVD in stores. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

How can there be any doubt that Perfect Strangers would sell? Sigh.

I'm glad to hear that Wonder Woman is coming though.

Jerome

Second Unit
Freddy's Nightmares was released last year on DVD by Warner Uk

Episodes : No More Mr Nice Guy, It's a Miserable Life, Killer Instinct

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Looking back at the last Warners chat, they were really positive about RHODA being released. What happened with that ?

Rhoda, as are all of the MTM shows, is property of Fox.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

If Warner and Fox can work out Rhoda, they can sure as hell work out Batman, which is likely to sell many more copies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks