What's new

SVS PB2 Ultra a beautiful addition to any room (1 Viewer)

J. Redcay

Agent
I just put into place in my living room one beautiful piece of furniture. For any folks waiting patiently for the PB2 Ultra please rest assured you are going to be one happy person and your better half will also be overjoyed. No more WAF problems! For the first time in 35 years I am not hesitant in telling my wife what I paid for a piece of audio equipment. Even she freely admits it is worth every dollar paid. And of course this is before we even hear it. Since this will be my 4th SVS sub I have no worry on the "hearing" part. SVS has, in my opinion, made the moves necessary to become a totally dominant audio manufacturer. They have truly merged Beauty with the Beast. I will leave the audio reviews to others more
qualified than myself, I am content with having a beautiful functional piece of high end furniture!!

J. Redcay

Agent
Qualen...

I will try my best to get a nice pic posted, but it will be on Tuesday as it is now 11 PM and I get up for work at 5 AM!
This unit just looks perfect in my room. I have Legacy Focus main speakers with about the same shade of wood and they look terrific together. The Ultra also matches my end tables and coffee table.........for once I got it right and my wife is fully in compliance. No one could ever be less than super pleased with the appearance of the PB2 Ultra. And it arrived in perfect condition.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I as well as others are very jealous.. What color did you get... I could not wait and got the PB2+ and it is an awsome sub even though its black!

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Mine is due for delivery tomorrow. American Antique finish to match the distressed pine laminate floor, T&G cedar wall treatment, and pine window/door molding. I'm sure it will be stunning. I'll post some hi-res pics too, after it lands.

:emoji_thumbsup:

terence

Supporting Actor
Ed,

You are one lucky dude! Can't wait to see and hear your your first impressions. :emoji_thumbsup:

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Well I spent some quality time with a CS-Ultra a while back. I have never waivered in my opinion that the TV-12 has a sound of its own.

Every SVS has a similar sonic signature and this is no coincidence, I'm sure; Tom V tunes the 20-39PCi, the 20-39PC+, and the 20-39PC-Ultra to all deliver a very similar frequency response curve. And all the drivers are quality units - ISD, dB-12, and TV-12. But there is a reason the TV-12 is a $600 driver - it is superior in measureable parameters and it performs that way.

Ed

J. Redcay

Agent
Ed:

My Ultra's finish is Early American #230. I actually chose from the wood samples that SVS loaned me. The actual unit looks much better than the wood sample. In following many of your posts I am going to let you (or someone just as qualified) to run thru the numbers and technical stuff on this beautiful unit. Heck, at 60 years of age I can't hear anything anyway! I was, however, strong enough with the help of my son to get the PB2 Ultra up a flight of stairs and into its resting place. Am still recovering!!

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Standby for a complete review, test, and report. I'll post a few high res pics to show how pretty the finish really is.

I've got 14 titanium parts bolted to my spine and I'm a bit younger than you are. I think I'll tip the BAX Global guy $20 to bring it around back into the HT room. ;)

J. Redcay

Agent
Might consider trading a little of the PB2 Ultra bass prowess for a few titanium parts myself!
Am going to attempt a link to a picture of my sub via the help of Ron. Hopefully it will give an idea of the looks.

Note: Image addition to post by Parker

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Oh my Lord! I think the PB2-ULTRA bug has bitten me;) And your Thread isn't even out yet Ed! I have been wondering around here in a fog contemplating what next after my last purchase? Maybe I should??

Congratulations on your new sub J. Redcay. I know you will really enjoy it for years /cough/ the year to come. Nice pic and does it ever fit right in.

terence

Supporting Actor

AHHHH come on Steve....and i was so looking forward to you picking up one more 25-31CS+ with review, pics, etc! You are killing me man.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
This thread has been painful to watch today, and that picture's pushing me over the edge! I told SVS to fill orders for other customers first, but that picture is a bit much for me to take!

J., I hope you're right about the WAF. I tried that argument when I ordered the thing, but my wife just wanted to know what was wrong with the PC+. Of course, nothing is *wrong* with the PC+ other than it's not a PB2-Ultra!

I have a brand new digital camera just waiting to take pictures of the new toy (of course they'll get posted)!

-Robb

J. Redcay

Agent
Robb:

Please be very assured that the WAF becomes a friend instead of a potential issue. My wife, and we are talking 27+ years here, has never really had much to say over my little "audio"
thing. This is the very first time I've had such a positive reaction.......and the PB2 Ultra is far from my 1st speaker.
Actually I have had the Legacy line of speakers for over 5 years, and they are also furniture grade material. Perhaps its the perfect enclosure in the perfect spot, don't know, but I do know my wife approves of this one---big time. Guess everyone is entitled to one direct hit in their audio lifetime. I've just had a chance to listen to it (not dialed in or anything) and my first sense is P o w e r lurking in that corner. I have a really large room 43x18 opening to another 21x20 area (kitchen) and the force is in the air all over! Just for a quick set up I have the gain set at between 1/4 and 1/3......don't figure to go much higher even when set to reference. Make no mistake the Ultra is $$$, but make no mistake there is no other way to really get this kind of total package unless you can build it yourself or your initials are S V S.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member

Funny.....I told SVS to put my order ahead of yours. Your philanthropy is much appreciated, Rob.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Ed,

The objective support you lend to all who are interested in SVS subs (or any sub for that matter) warrants a first-in-line position for any sub, from any manufacturer. But do you have to rub it in?! :)

-Robb

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Crap.. now you guys have me wondering if I should get rid of my PB2+ and get one of these furniture grade things.... I wish they were not so dawg gone heavy. Gonna make it a pain if a person wants to sell theirs. Anyway congrats on the new subs. The picture above is fantastic and looks very good with the doilie and thing on top of it. Looks like it was made for that spot!
Mike L.

Evan Lee

Stunt Coordinator
J. Redcay,
After reading your second post I was wondering what blimp hanger you lived in to house both Legacy Focus and a PB2 Ultra with out over powering the room. With a room 43x18 opening to to a 21x20 you may not be able to park a blimp (at least with out deflating it) but it must be reassuring to know that if you ever want to park a semi in doors you can. Congratulations on the new sub. Please post a picture giving perspective how big your listening warehouse, I mean room is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks