What's new

The Partridge Family is coming! (1 Viewer)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
According to cmongethappy.com a Partridge Family website:

"We have just received word that Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment has decided to release a Box Set for Season One of The Partridge Family!! Their target release date is August 3. A TV campaign will be launched around June 1, eight weeks prior to the release.** They are still working out the added value portion of the set.* While still in the preliminary stages,* plans nclude:

-- Four disc set
-- New interviews with the cast

We are VERY fortunate to have someone working on the project that knows a lot about the show, and can help guide Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment* in the right direction regarding* packaging, content, and other fan expectations.

This release is scheduled to coincide with the new PF reality series, set to air in July on VH-1.* If sales are brisk, they have every intention of releasing the other three seasons.*

As more info becomes available, we will be sure to pass it along.* Many thanks
to Brant for this news! "

Now I'm not a fan of Partridge Family...I came across this because someone posted about it on an I Dream of Jeannie website. I'm just hoping news of Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie are not too far off.

But I knew you Partridge Family lovers would like to hear this.

Joe_Pinney

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Pinney
COOL!

Honestly, the studios just can't crank out the classic TV series and movies fast enough for a lot of us. I think the entire "season sets" concept is beyond brilliant, and gives new life to catalog titles.

BrianBo

Stunt Coordinator
Sweet, the studios are digging deep to come up with anything people wil buy.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I just hope they unearth the PARTIDGE FAMILY/MY THREE SONS reunion show. Just kidding, but it did happen!

No one believes me, but I swear this aired around 1977.

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
More great news for classic tv shows!! I guess this means the Brady Bunch can't be far behind!!

Let's hope Susan Dey lightens up a bit and participates. The show wasn't that bad girl ok???

I loved the bickering between Danny the young wise ass and Rueben the older wise ass

C'MON GET HAPPY!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
This is great news. Columbia seems to be throwing everything they have at us. Well, not yet -- their TV library is HUGE, but they're doing well so far.

Still waiting to hear about Who's the Boss?, The Facts of Life, Square Pegs & oh, damn... I can't think of it. The show with little Ricky Schroeder as a rich kid. All owned by Columbia!

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I love the episode when Keith makes the embarrassing home movie of the Partridges and shows it in the movie theater!

:laugh:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Hey, I watched this show! I would love to see it again if only for kicks.

Funny thing is that neither show had been off the air all that long when it aired.

I remember William Demarest singing the praises of William Frawley on this reunion. Later I found out they absolutely hated each other.

I'm happy for fans of Partridge that it is coming out.

Steve

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Dane, you mean Silver Spoons? That was on the online poll last year.

Wasn't there a rumor of Diff'rent Strokes to tie in with Gary Coleman's run for governor of CA?

I guess this means some Columbia TV DVDs are going to have thought put into them. With them, I'm just happy when all the episodes on a set are uncut and have original logos (where applicable). Too bad they didn't buy the MTM library (which Fox bought) so we could at least see a ray of hope for a certain show I'm thinking of.

"If sales are brisk" I hate that terminology. It's vague and vaguely threatening. So if a 35-year-old sitcom doesn't sell at the same rate as "Finding Nemo," we get bubkes for later seasons?

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Hopefully they will restore the original first season theme song instead of the one used for seasons 2-4 that was tacked onto season one in syndication.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm psyched for The Partridge Family. Every time the quail run through my yard that theme song runs through my head...

Time to dig out my puka shells...

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
First I've heard they replaced the 1st season theme song.

This must have happened well after the initial syndicated run, as I know I remember it being intact when the show aired on local stations in the mid to late 70s.

That makes me feel like such a geek to remember that....;)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I have such fond memories of seeing this show Friday nights (I believe) when it first aired when I was a kid that I may have to buy the first season. The theme song alone makes me tingle and long for the more innocent days that just cannot be found on TV anymore for kids.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Joe, I feel the same way, although one generation later. I remember seeing this in syndication after school. Always loved the opening. I will buy this. Not to watch religiously or anything, but just to own and be able to pop in an episode every now and again. Of course, I may get addicted and not be able to remove it from my player...

:D

Edit: Who has the rights to the cartoon The Partridge Family 2200 A.D.? ;)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Great show!
it still holds up well.
i'll be looking forward to this one very much.

since it was already mentioned- does anyone know if Colubia owns the rights to My Three Sons also?
that's probably a huge longshot until someone does a remake, but i would to get those someday as well.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
"First I've heard they replaced the 1st season theme song.

This must have happened well after the initial syndicated run, as I know I remember it being intact when the show aired on local stations in the mid to late 70s."

Screen Gems (aka Columbia) when they syndicate shows would put whatever the last season opening credits were on all of the shows. They did this with PF so you don't get the song that describes how the group formed, only "C'mon Get Happy". They did this with The Monkees, Here Come The Brides (no more vocal version of Seattle), with The Flintstones (1st 2 years had different song and scenes entirely). I'm sure there are others as well but those come immediately to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks