What's new

Kids In The Hall Brain Candy release? (1 Viewer)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
Does anyone have info on an possible release of this film on DVD. I own the laserdisc but I would love to see this on DVD with a commentary by the members of Kids In The Hall. I'm sure they have a ton of deleted scenes. Maybe some day they will release the tv series on DVD. They should have followed the route of Monty Python and made some more films.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Oh yeah that would be great if someone were to release Brain Candy and/or the TV series on dvd. Id buy it. Ive been a BIG fan of the show since the beggining.
------------------
Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I am comfortable with that. I am enlightened.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Movie is on the slate for late next year. Paramount has said they took the top titles from the request thread here on the HTF a few months back and added them to the release schedule...
Brain Candy was one of the top 5 requested titles. I don't hold out hope for much in the line of extras myself, btu tehre is always a chance. I'd be happy just to have an anamorphic DVD version with decent transfer.
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Do you want SOUTH PARK on DVD in order, rather than themed sets? Join our overwhelming majority!!

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I certainly hope they get some of the Kids involved in a DVD of this movie. There are some cool scenes from an alternate version of the film which would be awesome to see on DVD. Janeane Garofalo had a great cameo left on the cutting room floor, and Dave Foley had a complete storyline lopped out. Not to mention there were additional bits seen in a half-hour "making of" special that aren't even in the alternate version.
= Derek =

Britton

Screenwriter
I for one, would love to see this movie with a commentary by the Kids.
"Life is short, like is $#!^, and soon it will be over."
[Edited last by Britton on November 01, 2001 at 12:46 AM]

John CW

Supporting Actor
Likewise! I'd love to see at least a commentary from the Kids... a new version of the film would added footage would also be a bonus!!
~ John

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
An Anamorphic trasfer would be great. I would love to see the Kids do a commentary. That would be sooo cool.
------------------
Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I am comfortable with that. I am enlightened.

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I could only imagine the commentary for this one! :) I hope it gets released soon, with commentary, etc.

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
OH MAN! I had NO idea this was coming out on DVD! Now, if I could just get a boxed set of the series...I could die a happy man
biggrin.gif

------------------
Ian M. Fisher
[email protected]

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Alright, This DVD will be more than welcome in my collection
A decent transfer would be awsome and commentary would be beyond my dreams
We can hope !
Regards,
Ricky

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I asked this very question to Martin Blythe when I saw him during the L.A. Meet, when he was kind enough to come to our hotel.
He said, the movie is DEFINETLY coming out in 2002, as far as extras-NONE! He said there was no way Paramount could have done a commentary. Which is SAD news
frown.gif

------------------
[Edited last by JohnS on November 01, 2001 at 01:02 PM]

Ike

Screenwriter
Man,
I'd have loved a commentary, and judging from the trailer, there are a ton of deleted scenes!
Man, I'd have paid $50 for a Kids in the Hall commentary, and a handful of deleted scenes! Paramount should really reconsider this one in the near future.
(And as good as Brain Candy is, the series is even better! I'd love to have all the seasons with a few commentary tracks on some episodes. Man, that just makes me drool.)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Quite a few people have been voting for Kids in the Hall on my website.
Luckily it's one of the shows I _really_ want released on DVD.
Gord
------------------
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/redirect.cfm?BannerID=8

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Kids in the Hall rule
I totally forgot about this movie. I remember laughing my ass of in an empty theater to this though. did it do horribly theatrically?

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Yes, it did very poorly theatrically - nowhere near the level of the Monty Python films as a comparison.

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
I never saw this movie. Did it have Buddy Cole and The Ultimate Pit of Darkness? Evil, evil, evil...Hekubus!
Thirty Helens agree...
"Box sets of the series is a must."
Okay, you get the point, sketch over.
[Edited last by Trace Downing on November 02, 2001 at 03:52 PM]

DanL

Stunt Coordinator
Other than a few cameos and fleeting references, Brain Candy has NOTHING to do with the KITH series. I actually thought this was a good idea becaus eit allowed them to write something fresh and interesting rather than just relying on old gimmicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks