Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Live Aid coming to DVD!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 OFFLINE   Danny Tse

Danny Tse

Producer

• 3,190 posts

Posted March 08 2004 - 04:34 AM

http://news.bbc.co.u...ent/3543059.stm
SACD not listed at sa-cd.net (updated 8/26/2009)

#2 of 15 OFFLINE   Neil White

Neil White

Supporting Actor

• 552 posts

Posted March 08 2004 - 04:45 AM

Very cool. I was only reading the other day about the related piracy thing over there in Blighty. Now maybe I will get to see the whole of The Who set (as rough as it was but you can't keep a good fan down). On the day, our signal feed disappeared for most of it. I think it may have been a national thing. And the Queen set rocked! I have about 3 hours of the concert on VHS that's about to die. Can't wait to see all the acts I'd forgotten played. N

#3 of 15 OFFLINE   Jesper

Jesper

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted March 08 2004 - 04:54 AM

Thanks for info Danny, I am looking forward to this release!! Posted Image
Jesper Nielsen

#4 of 15 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,526 posts

Posted March 08 2004 - 07:32 AM

Truer words were never spoken....

#5 of 15 OFFLINE   LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted March 08 2004 - 08:10 AM

I wish it would include "Oz for Africa" which was on MTV prior to the start of Live Aid, which included Men At Work, The Little River Band, and INXS, as well as a bunch of cool bands most of us had never heard of (Dragon, Uncanny X-Men, etc.)

#6 of 15 OFFLINE   Steve Meskell

Steve Meskell

Second Unit

• 381 posts

Posted March 08 2004 - 09:02 AM

I was at the London show...Amazing day!!! My favs were The Rats, Ultravox, Nic Kershaw, U2,Dire Straits and Bowie/Thomas Dolby. When Queen played Radio Ga-Ga the crowd(70,000+) did that Hand/arm thing and not seeing it before was a sight to see.
I thought the Who was the weakest band that day/night. I do remember Pete falling on his ass during the set Posted Image . I hope it is the complete show but if it isn't I will always have the memories...

#7 of 15 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted March 08 2004 - 10:53 AM

I thought that Dire Straits with Clapton were awesome
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#8 of 15 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Executive Producer

• 10,106 posts

Posted March 08 2004 - 11:09 AM

[Mr. Burns Voice] Excellent... [/Mr. Burns Voice]

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#9 of 15 OFFLINE   RobertW

RobertW

Supporting Actor

• 719 posts

Posted March 08 2004 - 11:25 AM

i hope it includes each artist's entire set, and not just the bits that were broadcast. i know here in the states, we never saw the style council at all, and only one or two songs from some sets, like paul young's. i want to see every minute of every performance, whether it went over the air or not.

#10 of 15 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted March 08 2004 - 12:26 PM

I too hope they intend to release the whole sets rather than only what was broadcast. I still remember the DJ on the station that was simulcasting the show (this was before cable was in stereo, so they were simulcasting the audio feed to radio stations). He was screaming in pain when they decided to cut away from David Bowie's set to someone else on the other continent.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#11 of 15 OFFLINE   Angelo.M

Angelo.M

Producer

• 4,007 posts

Posted March 09 2004 - 12:48 AM

U2 and Queen and I'll be happy...

#12 of 15 OFFLINE   Dan Stone

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator

• 221 posts

Posted March 09 2004 - 03:40 AM

Hopefully, the US Festivals on DVD might not be too far behind!
www.respectcopyrights.org

Try to look at the forest rather than focus on the trees, or waste hours upon hours critiquing minutia on the tree itself

#13 of 15 OFFLINE   andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy

Producer

• 4,769 posts

Posted March 09 2004 - 03:41 AM

I agree that The Who weren't very good, but Bob Dylan, anyone? I think hysterical suppression has made us forget just how embarrassingly awful he was. A major event about the starving millions in Ethiopia, so what does he do? Go on about how if there's any money left over, it should be given to American farmers down on their luck. WHAAAT? I know there was a serious crisis for some American farmers and it merited sympathy, but there's a time and a place for comments like that, and there's a little difference between financial destitution and dying a slow painful death from hunger. And to follow that with what was IMHO a shambolic musical performance destroyed whatever residual respect I had for the man.

#14 of 15 OFFLINE   Dan Stone

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator

• 221 posts

Posted March 09 2004 - 03:51 AM

I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if Led Zeppelin made it really difficult to license their performance from Live Aid, as Jimmy is definitely not too proud of their performance that day, and most of their fans consider it to have been one of their weaker performances. Otherwise we would probably have had that footage already on the Zeppelin DVD release from last year.
www.respectcopyrights.org

Try to look at the forest rather than focus on the trees, or waste hours upon hours critiquing minutia on the tree itself

#15 of 15 OFFLINE   LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted March 09 2004 - 05:27 AM

I remember getting up at 4am (Pacific Time) to tape the whole show starting with OZ for Africa. I also remember having to switch from MTV to Fox to try to get as much as possible (the Black Sabbath set comes to mind). It would be cool if the Amnesty International show would get an eventual release as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users