-

Photo
- - - - -

PC display on my HDTV?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 BrianEK

BrianEK

Stunt Coordinator

• 95 posts

Posted March 07 2004 - 08:12 PM

I want to be able to display my pc picture (for pc games) on my samsung 30" widescreen tube hdtv. I am using an ATI radeon 9700 pro all-in-wonder. My graphics card does have s-video out but it looks horrible on my tv. and i know to use dvi you need a display like plasma or lcd. My tv only has component inputs and i found at cablesamerica.com a vga-to-component cable. Would this bring good quality picture to my tv set from my pc? or will it still look crappy like my current s-vid hookup?

#2 of 5 BrianEK

BrianEK

Stunt Coordinator

• 95 posts

Posted March 07 2004 - 08:34 PM

ok i kinda answered my own question. the cablesamerica site said it will not work connected to a pc. but I did find that ATI does offer a component video cable adapter for display on any hd capable tv. does anyone have this and if so is it worth a try? also if anyone knows if i can have both my pc monitor and tv going at the same time with this.

#3 of 5 Cornelius

Cornelius

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts

Posted March 08 2004 - 05:50 AM

I use the component video adapter and it works fine. However, you are locked into a few set resolutions with it (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i). Yes, you can watch it on the TV and computer monitor at the same time.

CJ

#4 of 5 BrianEK

BrianEK

Stunt Coordinator

• 95 posts

Posted March 08 2004 - 09:08 AM

cj, how is the picture quality? do games look as good as on the pc monitor? or at least better than ps2?

#5 of 5 Cornelius

Cornelius

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts

Posted March 08 2004 - 03:09 PM

Sorry, I don't play games on the computer, but the screen, internet, and ripped movies look great. It's much better than any s-video output I've seen from a computer. Take a look over at www.avsforum.com. Lots of gamers using the component adapter over there.

CJ