What's new

FRAGGLE ROCK being released in the u.k. (1 Viewer)

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
i think so but not sure...
as for me im going to get them now from the u.k. when they get released.
i hate waiting.

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
Don't forget that in the UK, the Fraggles lived below a lighthouse and the regular human was 'The Skipper'. I'm expecting the R2 discs to feature the British version.
It was very confusing for me as a child as Irish tv showed the US versions but BBC showed 'The Skipper' versions... nearly fried my brain it did :)

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
I reallyreallyreallyreally want Fraggle Rock season sets (in region 1).

But if we can't get season sets of the Muppet Show.... it doesn't seem likely. Sigh. Well, I'd buy best of DVDs too, 'cause I love those Fraggles!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
The Henson Company has stated that they are interested in releasing it to R1 but there are no current plans. It seems very likely though.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I read recently, though I forget the source, that the Henson family bought the rights to "Fraggle Rock" from a German TV station. This may apply only to the UK release, but if the sale referred to general rights for the show, then a U.S. release would be pretty likely. I'm sure they must know that there is an audience for this show in the U.S.

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator

I'm assuming that the problem with Muppet Show season sets are all the music clearances -- but Fraggle Rock wouldn't have those problems, right? All the songs were performed by the show's regular puppeteers and/or voice talents, and they were all songs written for the show, so Henson must own the rights to them already. If region 2 is getting Fraggle Rock, region 1 can't be all that far behind.

Bryan_Bortz

Stunt Coordinator
hehe, I would definitely get Muppet Babies. I loved that show... wonder how it will stand up to time.

-Owl

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
*grumble* Just hearing the words "region 2" pushes my jealousy buttons. :P They always get the cool stuff!

JulianK

Supporting Actor

You have no idea how absurd that sounds, from a UK perspective. I couldn't begin to count the (UK and US) series that have been released in the US but not here!

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
well everything i want i have seen in the uk first.
well all but are you being served. i dont understand why have not released it in the uk yet. all shows from the uk has been release in the uk first. this was a first for me to see. now i have seen shows released on tape in the uk first then end up on dvd in the us first. i have been haveing to buy the tomorrow people from the uk, they dont sell them here in the u.s. at all. anyway im just leting people know they can get shows in the uk thats not released here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks