Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sanyo Z2: High contrast grey or classic cinema white?? What do you use?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Curt Luther

Curt Luther

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted March 07 2004 - 12:38 AM

Well even though my dedicated HT is not complete yet, I had to just try out the Z2 I got last week. I am totally impressed with it. Just projecting a 100" on the wall, the picture was amazing. I will be ordering a screen from Carada. They sent me samples and I narrowed it down to the grey and the classic cinema white. I put both samples on the wall and projected on them and I am still torn on what it best. The grey did produce better blacks, but the white had brighter colors. My question is what do some of you use for screens? Grey or white? I am still wrestling with a screen size too, 100" or 110", but I will probably stay in the guide lines of the 1.5 ratio. Thanks for any help on this.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Legairre

Legairre

Supporting Actor

• 815 posts

Posted March 07 2004 - 04:48 AM

I considered Carada, but they didn't have a screen that matched what I wanted. I wanted a screen that would give good blacks and good whites. For me that ment a screen that was between Carada's grey, which was great with blacks and just crushed the whites(everything just looked dull or hazy) and Carada's white which was great with whites and colors, but the blacks weren't too good. In the end I got samples from Dalite and the HCCV and HCMW(both light grey screens, Carada's grey is dark grey) fit the bill for me. Each one had good blacks and the whites still looked good. The HCMW blacks looked just as good as the HCCV, but the whites and colors on the HCMW were better. So I went with the HCMW, which for me was the best of both worlds.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Curt Luther

Curt Luther

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted March 08 2004 - 04:17 PM

Thanks Legairre.....could you tell me more about HCMW? I never heard of them. Do you have a link to the site? Also how are they in cost comparison?

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   dan scorpio

dan scorpio

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts

Posted March 09 2004 - 03:03 PM

look into the high power from da lite.many people love it....

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   BruceCampbell

BruceCampbell

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted March 23 2004 - 01:46 PM

High contrast Matte White screen from Da-lite. I use it in my electric screen and it is a beautiful thing.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted March 24 2004 - 01:59 AM

You can get samples from them . I just received some samples from them(da-lite, steward screens). they send you a paper sheet size. I received the hcmw and the hc grey. i also got some from steward screens. I will be tryin the their hc grey, hcmw, and the THX perf screen. the fire hawk has a multi color surface. the base is the high contrast grey with white specs all over it. The rep told me that the grey will help your blacks and the white specks would help your colors. I have not tried it yet so i can't reveiw it. But i will keep ya'll posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users