Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Laugh In...Season Sets Anytime?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Randy Gray

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted March 07 2004 - 12:30 AM

I've been wanting to pick up the two best of collections from Rhino but have held off in the hopes that Rhino will eventually release season sets of this series. Anyone know if there are any such plans? - Randy

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin

• 1,490 posts

Posted March 07 2004 - 03:23 AM

If I know Rhino, they probably will. But you'll probably be waiting a while. Remember: they fumbled around with the Sid & Marty Kroft shows for a while with single volumes and compilation DVDs. Now they're going the series route. They did the same thing with The Monkees and the recently-announced My Favorite Martian.

The golden rule with the smaller studios is that they will make as much off the handful of properties they have as they possibly can. You needn't look any further than what Rhino has done with it's properties or what Image has done with some its stuff (The Twilight Zone, anyone?) for proof.

I say there's nothing wrong with that, but 'caveat emptor'. Make sure you're buying the final edition of something so you don't have to double-dip. I went out and purchased all 5 Twilight Zone collections only to realize season sets are coming at the end of this year. Luckily, I was able to enjoy them for a full year before turning around and getting almost what I paid for them. Posted Image

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   MatthewA

Lead Actor

• 6,821 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted March 07 2004 - 01:07 PM

With Laugh-In season sets may come for all seasons but the last one. George Schlatter hates these episodes with such a passion that they haven't been seen since their original NBC airings. Even Trio doesn't have the rights to any episodes after 1970.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then. And while you're at it, PLEASE stop dropping DVD/laserdisc extras from Blu-ray releases of other films.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users