What's new

How many people here have played Eternal Darkness??? (1 Viewer)

Heck... Anyone here ever heard of it? ;) This game is not only one of the greatest Cube games... it is one of the Greatest Games.. Period! It's especially sweet if you have surround sound. :D It has been about a year and a half since I played the game... so i picked it up again to give it another run and it is just simply brilliant. A true "horror" game. It's insanity effects range anywhere from classic horror sillyness... to MUCH more clever cerebral things that actually start to make you question the difference between the game you are playing and the real world. Just curious to whether anyone else has enjoyed this game like i have. :)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Hey Timothy! How are you?:)

I loved Eternal Darkness. I thought it was a great game with great graphics and an excellent story. My only gripe, and a minor one at that, is that I thought it was very easy. It would have been the perfect game if it was just a bit more challenging.

Any word of a sequel?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, this game rocks. They really did develop the concept, but I'd love to see what a sequel does.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Played through half the game... Ended up getting sick of it, so I sold it and never finished it...

It was a decent game though...

Hey Tino... I've been good :) Unfortunately... I would not expect a sequel anytime soon. While the game was highly acclaimed, not many copies sold due to a variety of reasons. Currently... Silicon Knights have been busy doing a remake of Metal Gear Solid on the cube... so who knows what their next project will be.

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
I've played it and it is not only my favorite Gamecube game but one of my top ten favorite games of this generation of consoles.

DaveB

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Dean, it's one of the best of the current generation. If you overlooked this one, it's your loss.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I'm playing it now - great game. Picked it up based on all the recommendations here. Nice atmosphere and intriguing story.

Also got a copy of Resident Evil - can't believe the graphic overall this game got for the Gamecube. It really adds to the atmosphere especially compared against the original version.

Krystian C

Stunt Coordinator
Enjoyed the first play through quite a bit. But damn did it get boring playing it through 2 more time for the uber ending. They should have changed things up a lot more for the other diety allignments. I would love to see a sequel, fingers crossed.

Sweet Lou!!! Glad to hear you are enjoying it!!! How much did ya pick it up for? I am sure it's a steal at it's current retail price. :D How far are you in the game so far?... had any scares that have made ya jump? Playing this game with the lights out and the sound UP is a must! ;)

I certainly agree that the game could have been changed a bit when playing the game through each time under the different colors, Krystian. However, if you have not picked it up in a while... now is a great time... especially with the drought of games lately. I started playing it over on blue, and it seems a bit tougher than my first time through on red.

On another note, I find it truly amazing how detailed the graphics are in this game.... they stand up well... even a couple years later :D

One last thing Lou... one Big difference between Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness... is the methods in which the games scare. RE tends to rely on things that make you jump... but what is great about ED... is that it REALLY starts to get to you after a while, get into your head which is really saying something about the thought put into the game.

Krystian C

Stunt Coordinator

Good lord, where is the drought. With 007 EON, Ninja Gaiden, Final Fantasy: CC out now, and Splinter Cell 2, Breakdown and The Suffering coming in the next 2 weeks, if this is a drought, I don't know what I would do in a full blooming harvest.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Another vote for an ED sequel. Really enjoyed the game, and am baffled as to why it didn't sell better. Then again, both Prince of Persia and Beyond good and Evil didn't sell all that well, so why should I be surprised that quality games are going unnoticed...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The best part about this time of the year is that all the great games stand out more. Holiday season has too many, right now has a moderate amount with a few great ones.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Timothy I wholeheartedly agree with your post. ED is much more aimed at getting into your head whereas RE is much visceral and aimed at your senses.

How far are you in the game at the moment Lou? :)

One other Big difference between the RE and ED that I forgot to mention... is that Eternal Darkness has Top notch acting in the voice work, where Resident Evil has a cheesy, over the top horror flick thing going for it.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I got a Cube for Christmas for $79 bucks and picked this game up used for about $14. This is a great game, and sounds great with surround sound. As far as games really getting in your head, this one does it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks