What's new

Canare Cable Making! (1 Viewer)

Seven Araujo

Stunt Coordinator
i Remember last year there was a thread with links on some cable making tools...i think they were sprint branded...
Well they were cheaper than the usual cable tools=)
well i dont see it anymore. i tried searching and i didnt see it. I believe it was on the for sale thread...any links on cable making;)
Also..wheres the cheapest place that sells the actual cable=D
thanks again guys!

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Technicalconnectionsinc is the best place to get the Paladin 8000 crimp handle and at $21 it's a bargain. They also sell the dies, but at retail (i haven't seen them cheaper than retail anwhere else though) so you'll probably want to get your die there to save on shipping. If you're doing Canare 5CFB w/ RCAP-5 connectors you'll want to use the 2649 die. I'm not sure what dies for other applications, but for under $50 it works nearly flawlessly and for about 1/4 what you'd pay for the Canare tools, and half of what you'd pay for the Canare die and PE handle.

Hope this helps :)

Cornelius

Stunt Coordinator
I like westlake. They ship quickly and you don't have to buy a whole roll of cable.

CJ

Seven Araujo

Stunt Coordinator
Awsome!now is there any DIY Cable sites?
Also on thattechnical selections site...what would be the cable stripper i need for the Canare cable?

Cornelius

Stunt Coordinator
If you are going to use several different cables, you can't beat Canare's TS100E stripping tool. However, it runs around $75.

CJ

Seven Araujo

Stunt Coordinator
I know im asking alot of questions=)
but 1 more...which die am ii going to need for the l5cfb canare cable?
and would i need 2 diff ones?
one for the center pin and 1 for the outside?
Thanks again!

Cornelius

Stunt Coordinator
If you are using the Canare die set, you need the 5CFB one. You only need one, and it will work for the L-5CFB, V3-5CFB, and LV-77S cables.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks