What's new

Dukes Date and specs! (1 Viewer)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Oh yeah? Well, I'm going to MARRY WB! ;)

Can't wait to see the packaging. It had better be bright orange!

Edit: Just a heads up -- it looks like someone forgot to close an HTML tag on the news item, making most of it into one giant link.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I'm so excited for the Dukes!!! I love that show......haven't watched it in ages.......the theme song always gives me the chills especially the first couple seconds of it.....

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Before we get too happy with WB, are we absolutely sure this set will be OAR? Wasn't there speculation that it might be tilt-and-scanned like Kung Fu? The Kung Fu situation makes me wary of all WB releases of older TV shows.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it will be. Warner Bros assures me that Kung Fu was shot with widescreen in mind and that's why it's being released that way. I'm trying to get an official statement from them on that since I've conveyed to them that fans are questioning the aspect ratio of the release.

Dane, I've looked at the news on 3 difference browsers and checked the coding and I don't get the link problem like you did. Maybe Dave looked at it and fixed it...

Gord

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor

Dane, you're not crazy, I saw that as well when it was first posted. Someone obviously fixed it.

Back on topic, I am very excited. Glad the price tag is $39 MSRP.

-Chad

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Daisy Duke in Widescreen ;)

And I cannot wait to hear Roscoe's laugh in stereo. :D

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

Personally, I was thinking "Daisy Duke in freezeframe". ;)

Seriously...not sure about this one. Loved the show when I was younger... but...I dunno. Guess I'll wait and read a few reviews when it comes out. :)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Yup, Dave fixed the problem. It's funny that over 500 people looked at it without anyone sending us an email. It's like the spelling error in the email that we sent to 30,000 people before someone pointed out a small spelling error. That cracks me up.

Gord

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
HOLY HANNAH BARBERA, Catherine Bach is the hottest! That is a really awesome DVD cover with her on it.....how come the Duke Boys aren't there?;)

Thanks for posting that Gord.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I love that artwork... I will buy the first 4 seasons. S5 started with the cousin dukes and when bo and luke finally returned after their dispute the show just never was as good. It did end up running for 7-Seasons though.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I wonder if Warner will cash in their chips when Coy and that other loser (can't remember his name -- Vance?) replace Tom Wopat and John Schneider on the show. As long as Daisy was around, I think they still had themselves a show. ;) But anyone betting they won't go all 7 seasons on DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks