Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need Help with 90's hair band

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,265 posts

Posted March 03 2004 - 06:30 PM

Hi all... This has been driving me mad for the past couple of hours searching the internet and coming up with nothing. So I though I would post it here. This is all I have: 90's probably 1992-1993, had a song with "people are strange" or "strange people", this was one of there big hits. KNAC 105.5 (southern california) used to play them all the time. It is not KIK TRACEE, I already tried them. Hope someone out there can help me..... Thanks R~
My DVD Collection

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor

• 649 posts

Posted March 04 2004 - 03:31 AM

Kik Tracee would of been my guess. Do you have any other lyrics to go along with those you already supplied? I was a big hair band fan in those days. Paul
If there be one of them who does not follow the way of the Snitzil, let that one go and do not throw bowling balls at them.

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   Neil White

Neil White

Supporting Actor

• 552 posts

Posted March 04 2004 - 03:46 AM

All I can think of with those lyrics is The Doors but that's the wrong genre/period. N

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,523 posts

Posted March 04 2004 - 06:18 AM

The first thing that came to my mind was The Cure's remake of "People Are Strange" for an Elektra Records anniversary CD. I think the time period is right, and they really only had a couple radio hits: "Just Like Heaven", "Hot Hot Hot" and "Friday I'm In Love". ...and Robert Smith is the epitome of "hair"!

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   Richard Travale

Richard Travale

Producer

• 3,426 posts
  • LocationThe Island, Canada

Posted March 04 2004 - 07:45 AM

Are you sure that was the Cure Eric? I only ask because Echo & The Bunnymen did a cover of this on the Lost Boys soundtrack.
 "Cock your hat - angles are attitudes. "
- Frank Sinatra 

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted March 04 2004 - 11:40 AM

yeah, the echo version was awesome. don't remember a cure cover. but there's no way knac would be playing echo ... or cure for that matter....

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,523 posts

Posted March 04 2004 - 01:16 PM

you guys are correct... the song I was thinking of was "Hello, I Love You" off the Rubaiyat CD.

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,265 posts

Posted March 04 2004 - 03:55 PM

Hello all... I am sure it is not the cure or echo and the bunny men. I wish I could remember more of the lyrics. After reading some of the lyrics from KIK Tracee there song "your so strange" may be it... But I can't find an example to make sure if that is it or not...... Very frustrating.. R~
My DVD Collection

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   Todd H

Todd H

Go Dawgs!

• 2,077 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted March 04 2004 - 04:27 PM

KIK Tracee would be my guess as well...1990's, hair band, etc. Here's the lyrics... How can I survive without you in me It hurts to let you go, I've been watching the time I'm here waiting, fading You and I we always had the right time together It's crazy how we socialized But now you've gone and kissed yourself goodbye Oh, why [CHORUS] 'Cause you, you're so strange You're so strange Sometimes I try to forget all those things that we said But baby, I'm so tired And you girl, you're so strange All I think about is making music And all she thinks about is making music to me I'm her melody But things keep changing key You and I we always sang the right song together It's crazy how we harmonized But now you've gone and kissed yourself goodbye Oh, why [CHORUS] Look out, it's so heavy There's this feeling we get When all those things in our head Get left inside [CHORUS] Oh baby, you're so strange

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,265 posts

Posted March 05 2004 - 07:17 AM

You wouldn't happen to have a snippet of the song would you ??? Amazon.com nor buy.com have one... Posted Image

Thanks
R~
My DVD Collection

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   GARY C

GARY C

Second Unit

• 252 posts

Posted March 05 2004 - 07:49 AM

I'm gonna go on a limb here...

Any chance the lyrics are "close" to what you said, and you are not 100% sure?

If so Faster Pussycat (a LA band) did a cover about that timeframe (early 90's) of a Carley Simon You're so vain (people are strange - kinda rhymes Posted Image ).

Worth a shot.

If not some of the band names you could look for back then were Danger Danger, LA Guns, Dangerous Toys, Tora Tora, Britney Fox, Bulletboys, Kix, Trixter. I believe most of these were LA based.

Hope it helps.
Technology is a way of organizing the universe so that man doesn't have to experience it.

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   Todd H

Todd H

Go Dawgs!

• 2,077 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted March 05 2004 - 09:39 AM

I've looked everywhere for a snippet of the song but turned up nothing. I checked Kazaa and WinMX and turned up nothing as well. Never did check iTunes.

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   Philip_T

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

• 876 posts

Posted March 05 2004 - 10:47 AM

Along those same lines, could it be "Got No Shame" from Brother Cane? Has some harmonica work in it. If not, was it a fast song? slow song? heavy guitar? another band that has a similar style?

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,265 posts

Posted March 06 2004 - 12:42 AM

I know that song for sure, and it is not it... The more I read the lyrics it is sounding like KIK Tracee.... For some reason when I originally posted it didn't sound like them..... Man I if I could only find a snippet....,,, Thanks for everyones help........ R~
My DVD Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users