Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Holy Cow! Take A Look At These Speaker Systems!!!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 of 81 OFFLINE   chris_hunigan

chris_hunigan

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted March 03 2004 - 12:39 PM

All I can say is wow! I know someone that actually sells these and sells them for hundreds more. If I can only afford them. These all look amazing. For $500-$600 INCLUDING SHIPPING these speaker packages look good.

http://www.4seating....udioSystems.htm

Can someone give me an insight on how these sound?

I like the:

DTT-1610/1611
DTT-2810/2811
DTT-2800/2801

speaker packages. All these are $599 shipped to your doorstep. Man O' Man if I had the money!

Cree

#2 of 81 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,566 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted March 03 2004 - 12:49 PM

Sounds like BS.
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

#3 of 81 OFFLINE   Rick_FL

Rick_FL

Stunt Coordinator

• 171 posts

Posted March 03 2004 - 12:51 PM

I was reading the specs. The weight on some of them is low for a big tower. Low weight means they are using thinner MDF panels or maybe even particle board. Maybe for that price you got to assemble them yourself

#4 of 81 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,566 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted March 03 2004 - 12:59 PM

I was reading the specs, and it says "1400w of total power". Speakers by themselves do not provide power, so this spec is of little or no use. It doesn't say anywhere that these speakers are powered. They LOOK nice yes, but sound is a little more important. Take a look at Dogg Digital, their advertising sounds very similar...
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

#5 of 81 OFFLINE   Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor

• 814 posts

Posted March 03 2004 - 02:30 PM

Good thing Chris doesn't have the money!

#6 of 81 OFFLINE   terence

terence

Supporting Actor

• 985 posts

Posted March 03 2004 - 03:13 PM

NEWS FLASH

THIS JUST IN.......

"White Van Speakers go via internet!"

Our website is over flowing with speakers, and my boss said since we have to many. I can sell them for $600.00! They MSRP is really $1,500.00 - $2,500.00! So what do you say you take these off our hands! Posted Image Hurry act now, their going fast!

YEEEAAAH RIGHT! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Tee

"Enjoy Movies & Music."

My Home Theater

#7 of 81 OFFLINE   WayneO

WayneO

Supporting Actor

• 625 posts

Posted March 03 2004 - 03:16 PM

You'd browse right past these and go buy real speakers? It's so funny people thinking they can sneak in cheesy plugs for junk. It's the same old "have you heard these? They must be great!" lines you see for all these types of speakers.
If the best advice is "listen for yourself", then why offer your opinion?

#8 of 81 OFFLINE   Greg-ST

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator

• 193 posts

Posted March 03 2004 - 03:20 PM

If I had huge sums of disposable cashola I wouldn't mind ordering one of those sets to see if it was junk. Who knows, it might be a great deal if the sound quality and performance is at least on par with other packages in that price range because you get the nice exterior designs on top of that.

#9 of 81 OFFLINE   chris_hunigan

chris_hunigan

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted March 03 2004 - 03:24 PM

You guys are making fun of these speaks. I really don't care much...Well I ask you guys this....Whats the difference btw JBL N-Series and these speakers? Probably not that big of difference. Yes companies will always hang high retail prices on speakers, so it makes it look like you are getting a huge value. I am not really concerned about MSRP. Overall, these speaks look solid. I don't care about weight either. Since when does weight dictate a speakers sound quality? I'm confused hear. Towers do not have to be 100 lbs to have good sound quality. Its a big misconception. Cree

#10 of 81 OFFLINE   WayneO

WayneO

Supporting Actor

• 625 posts

Posted March 03 2004 - 03:26 PM

For someone who hasn't heard them, you sure run on and on about them..............Bose look nice in pictures too.
If the best advice is "listen for yourself", then why offer your opinion?

#11 of 81 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter

• 1,541 posts

Posted March 03 2004 - 04:01 PM

Taken directly from their site: