What's new

SVS PB1 Plus SUCKS........ (1 Viewer)

Stephen Houdek

Second Unit
Real Name
S
the dollars right out of my Wallet. Just sprang for a PB1 Plus last night. My first sub, and from my time on this forum the question of which brand was never in doubt.

I almost sprang for a cylnder TWO years ago, but the wife just wouldn't have it. When I saw the PB1 Plus on the SVS website I knew it was game over.

It will probably arrive while I'm travelling to San Jose the week of the 22nd with my luck.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
You could have started out your header a bid different since it is not what you meant and does shed bad light in a way on a company that surely doesnt deserve it and could make a new person visiting take a pass when otherwise they would not at reading your post.

SethH

Senior HTF Member

Calm down. His title is a joke. I'm sure it's just intended to get people to read the thread and share in his excitement. Seems to be working . . . it got you to look didn't it. Have you seen the shirts that say on the front "Make 7" and on the back they say "up yours." Similar concept. Still funny. It'll be OK, I promise.

Stephen: congrats on the sub. I hope you enjoy it (and I hope it arrives when you're at home!).

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, like those ads with SEX at the top, and then it says...."now that I've got your attention".

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Lets watch the count and see if it generates any extra extra attention. I understand your concern MikeLi but it should be ok. I always enjoy some added humor myself but at the same time I can understand how it could go to far.

Keith Hyde

Stunt Coordinator
Never thought twice. I knew it was pure BS too, especially considering I own an SVS.

Yet you see I am still looking with interest for any BAD news about this company. Haven't been at all successful yet.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Stephen,

Well I always get a bit of tightness in my chest when I take a "break" from other work and see a thread title like that. ;^)

It's OK, so far it always seems to pass.

I think you will be very pleased with the PB1-Plus. I have one here that has been simply blowing me away in my very large and very open HT. Caught a small Indie German film last night with some very subtle but very deep instrumentals. It sounded so good I had to check and see if I'd accidentally switched to the PB2-Plus and forgotten about it. PS, FWIW, black finish orders have had problems and are on hold, we're working on the problem of course.

The only thing that "sucks" about this SVS is the fact our rather anal QC process means we can't produce them near as fast as we'd like.

A good problem unless you are waiting, or a sales guy at SVS, explaining why you are waiting. 8^)

Ron

Stephen Houdek

Second Unit
Real Name
S
Wow!! I raised some ire with that one! I expected surprise, but not disdain.

Ron, I'm really pleased I was finally able to pull the trigger on one of your subs. Glad I didn't order black. I certainly didn't intend to give you any bad press or a tight chest......I figured the SVS minions on here would get a kick out of it. I suppose some will and some won't.

Can't wait to get my sub!!

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I didn't mean to create a rukus here but if you were just a new person visiting and just scanning the threads you may just pass on by and there is no way to check that. I knew it had to be a joke as well visiting here as much as I do plus owning an SVS myself but others might not. Sorry I just thought when Ron saw the header it might make him spill his coffee on his keyboard this morning.....
Mike

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
I think it would make a great marketing campaign. No one denigrates their own products, so it would grab peoples attention and they would remember; which is the whole point of any marketing campaign.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
OK, here's a funny one. I've been hanging around HTF long enough, that when I see a thread that says, "I just bought a new SVS sub and it's the best thing since sliced bread," I just move on. But this one got me to look, because I *know* their subs don't suck, but I got a good laugh when I read the post. :)

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
All right I will cave in to the majority. I was just curious what Ron @ SVS had to say about it. If it was my company I don't think I would like it just due to new people that may be scanning for the first time...... We all here know that SVS is the best!
Mike

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Remember that thread a few years ago ..."PW-2200 Beats Out SVS"? That was me. I was running my yap about buying a PW-2200 because I couldn't audition a SVS. Well, needless to say, that thread didn't sit well with all you SVS lovers.

Well, I am proud to report that my beloved PW-2200, and I do really like it, is up for sale. And low and behold....I will soon be the proud owner of a SVS PC-Ultra. I have had the chance to listen to a 25-31 PCi in my room, and even dual 16-46's in another persons HT. They are without a doubt, the best subs that I have ever heard. OK, so I'm a slow learner. Can't wait to hear that Ultra along with my new maggies.

I am just happy that Ron and Tom are still willing to grace me with the opportunity to own one of their fine products!! Thanks SVS!!

Dave Shepard

Agent
Ron just wanted to drop you a note and say thank you (SVS)for being so "ANAL". I as many of others here and elsewhere who have bought and recieved your product have never been happier. I'm one happy PB2+ owner.

Dave

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Ah yes the ole ATTENTION GETTER.

I laughed when I saw the title and just had to read it to see how many or us and those dislikers got lured in.

I can see the dislikers drooling and foaming with great anticipation only to be duped.

so far 521 views in less than 36 hours.

That is how many subs SVS sells in a 36 hour periods ;-)

Scott

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
No, the problem relates only to those models with the black wooden enclosure (PB1-Plus, PB2-Ultra).
Guess which color I chose...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks