Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

DVD Scratch Remover?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Pete Lee

Pete Lee

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted March 03 2004 - 05:08 AM

Does anyone have experience and recommendations for a product that removes scratches from DVDs? Just for the backstory, my own DVDs are in pristine shape but I am very frustrated with the discs I receive from Netflix. A quarter of my rentals skip or freeze. Netflix's return-and-resend policy takes too long so I would like to solve the problem without having to wait for another copy of the movie. I see a lot of scratch removal products out there and would like some feedback on ones that seem to work well. Any suggestions?

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Ken Smith

Ken Smith

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted March 03 2004 - 09:07 AM

You could try DVD Disc Doctor. It sells for $30.00 for the manual model and $50.00 for the powered version. I have a Denon 3800 which is known to skip on discs which are not pristine. I used the disc dr. and now my dvd of Blade II won't even load. Not sure if it affects all players this way, but I think this is the only product that will get rid of scratches. Not for deep gouges though.