Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

DVD Scratch Remover?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Pete Lee

Pete Lee

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted March 03 2004 - 05:08 AM

Does anyone have experience and recommendations for a product that removes scratches from DVDs? Just for the backstory, my own DVDs are in pristine shape but I am very frustrated with the discs I receive from Netflix. A quarter of my rentals skip or freeze. Netflix's return-and-resend policy takes too long so I would like to solve the problem without having to wait for another copy of the movie. I see a lot of scratch removal products out there and would like some feedback on ones that seem to work well. Any suggestions?

#2 of 2 Ken Smith

Ken Smith

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted March 03 2004 - 09:07 AM

You could try DVD Disc Doctor. It sells for $30.00 for the manual model and $50.00 for the powered version. I have a Denon 3800 which is known to skip on discs which are not pristine. I used the disc dr. and now my dvd of Blade II won't even load. Not sure if it affects all players this way, but I think this is the only product that will get rid of scratches. Not for deep gouges though.