What's new

Sony Grand Wega (1 Viewer)

James Sarno

Stunt Coordinator
I was just curious if there are any Grand Wega owners out there who have any comments on these set's.

I was looking at the 50"&60" models and they look stunning.

I am just looking for any feedback from owners...
pros/cons etc...
And how do they stack up against the XBR's

much thanks...

MikeLH

Auditioning
James,

I've had a 50WE610 since early December and could not be more happy with it. I do not hve any HD sources yet, just Dish and the picture is superb even with SD sources. No real negatives with this set for me. Buy it at CC or someplace that gives a 30 day return policy. It has three "picture" modes - Vivid, Pro, and Standard and they each make a significant difference to the picture. My preference is Standard, but I've heard others on this forum like either of the other two. Mike

Dan

Stunt Coordinator
I'm an XBR owner of about a month. Besides the price tag, I've been pleased with this unit for the most part. The picture is much improved (more pixels)over the Grand and it has a built in HD tuner. There are a few superficial differences (IMO it looks better), but obviously they shouldn't be the decision maker. The only issue I have with this set is the "mesh" that is inherent with all LCD.

It bugs me, but unless you look for it (the way you'd look for a 3D picture by looking "past" the glass) it's not too bad. I'm the only one who gripes about it out of everyone who has seen it.

Basically, this choice boiled down to what I wanted it for and what my personal issues were-- I didn't want to bother with convergence or worry about burn in while gaming and watching 2:35. Sadly, no one technology has it all yet, so this was what best fit for my use.

The thing looks incredible in HD and running XBOX and virtually every other source.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks