What's new

Acoustic Energy Aesprit vs Energy Connoisseur (1 Viewer)

JacobK

Auditioning
Has anyone heard both of these in a home theater environment. I am about to buy a center channel and am thinking that I should start an upgrade path with that. Right now I have a pair of AE Aegis One's and love them but I can't get the center for this without going used. I have heard the Connoisseur series and think they sound great but I can get a the Aesprit line for less so that is why I ask. Any opinions
Thanks in advance
Jacob

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I just auditioned a pair of Energy C-3s that my dealer let me take home. They have (IMO) decent imaging (though not as nice as B&W CM2s), nice bass extension and my wife, who has no general interest in my "hobby", even acknowledged she heard nuances and details from her favourite Billie Holliday CD. However, we've had to reject them because she's especially sensitive to high frequency sound (she finds it difficult to listen to most female vocalists, for example, and listening to opera soprano arias are out of the question when she's around). I did not find them harsh, just detailed (though somewhat lacking in "warmth"). Hope this helps (though, to repeat a cliche, your ears will decide for you in the end). As for the Aesprits, I'm trying to find some to audition myself.

P.S., I have Arcam amplification. Your experience might be significantly different with another amp/receiver.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor

Dont you just love when that happens. I got my wife pretty excited about hometheater because of things like that. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks